Advice needed for filmmaker switching to Computer Science (Foundation Year) Watch

Vayl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey everyone,

Such a relief to have found this forum! I'm really hoping someone can give me some advice on this.

Been looking a TON online, trying to find a solid foundation year program to bring up my math/physics skills up to level. I've always wanted to do this and I'm really taking all the steps required to do it, like so many of you have. Actually, it's been very inspiring reading some of the posts here.

Basically I'd like to change careers and eventually get a BSc. in Computer Science, and it seems like a foundation year in Engineering is the way to go? Doesn't look like there's a lot of Computer Science foundation years.

Some context! I'm 29 years old and a non-UK resident (although I did study filmmaking in the UK from 2010-2011). I have a French Baccalaureate from 2006 (Humanities).

Can you please advise me on which way to go?
Can you share your recommendations as to which university offers the most suitable and better program for someone like me?
What are are the TOP 3 Foundation Year programs in the UK in your opinion? How about Europe? How about the rest of the world?

Feel free to answer to any or all questions!

Thanks!
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
Some universities offer Computer Science with Foundation years, others offer general Science/Engineering foundation years which enable you apply to a wide range of science degrees, including Computer Science. It's up to you which route you take. You can use the UCAS Search tool to find a complete list of foundation years, but here is a selection (I think Durham and Manchester are probably the best):

Computer Science with Foundation at Durham University
Computer Science with Foundation at Aberystwyth University
Computing Sciences with Foundation at the University of Sussex
Computer Science with Foundation at the University of Southampton
Computer Science with Foundation at the University of Sheffield
Computer Science with Foundation at Queen Mary, University of London
Science with an Integrated Foundation Year at the University of Manchester
Computer Science with a Foundation Year at Loughborough University
Computer Science with Foundation at the University of Liverpool
Computer Science with Foundation at the University of Leicester
Applied Computing Science with a Foundation Year at the Universiy of East Anglia
Physical Sciences (Computer Science) with Foundation Year at the University of Birmingham
Vayl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish

Yes (70)
57.38%
No (52)
42.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise