The Student Room Group

Should I drop one of my AS subjects??!?!

I am studying inyear 12 and studying AS. I am taking biology, chemistry, history and RE. I really really like my sciences and history, RE is alright, a bit boring though. I am not getting good test results in Chemistry and wondering if I drop RE I could spend more time revising it? I want to go to a Russell group university and maybe study a science course or health care, I definitely need biology and chemistry to do this... so should I drop RE?
Original post by Grace2468
I am studying inyear 12 and studying AS. I am taking biology, chemistry, history and RE. I really really like my sciences and history, RE is alright, a bit boring though. I am not getting good test results in Chemistry and wondering if I drop RE I could spend more time revising it? I want to go to a Russell group university and maybe study a science course or health care, I definitely need biology and chemistry to do this... so should I drop RE?

Hi,

I went all the way through year 12 wishing that I had had the guts to drop one of my ASs. I would drop RE as you've already got an essay based subject and it will allow you to spend more time on your key subjects. It will also reduce any unecessary stress as really there's no need to do 4 ASs. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest