Quantum42
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys
Has anyone been to the resedential for the senior physics challenge in cambridge? If so could you tell me what is was like and how many questions you answered on isaac physics to be selected?
Thanks
Quantum42
Rep:
?
Bump
Neel99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I managed to somehow stumble onto the Senior Physics challenge last year. I personally only answered like 40 or 50 questions but they were level 5 & 6. If you put enough effort into these; they become reasonably simple. The residential itself is very intense but also very fun if you can cope. It's definitely an experience i'd recommend. On the number of questions note; there were people there who had answered like 600 questions; but they were no better than people who'd answered far fewer; so don't thing about quantity, more quality.
Quantum42
Rep:
?
(Original post by Neel99)
Hi, I managed to somehow stumble onto the Senior Physics challenge last year. I personally only answered like 40 or 50 questions but they were level 5 & 6. If you put enough effort into these; they become reasonably simple. The residential itself is very intense but also very fun if you can cope. It's definitely an experience i'd recommend. On the number of questions note; there were people there who had answered like 600 questions; but they were no better than people who'd answered far fewer; so don't thing about quantity, more quality.
Thanks!
Quantum42
Rep:
?
(Original post by Neel99)
Hi, so I just got selected for the residential! Can I just ask where you stayed while you were there? In one of the colleges?

Posted from TSR Mobile
jonio
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Quantum42)
Hi, so I just got selected for the residential! Can I just ask where you stayed while you were there? In one of the colleges?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I've also been selected
From looking at threads for previous years we stay at the colleges, but I don't know if that will be case this year too/how the process works.

P.S. I've made a dedicated thread for this year's challenge here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...4#post71413514

Feel free to post any questions or discuss over there
TH001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Quantum, how many questions on Isaac Physics did you end up answering? And what level?
TH001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Quantum42)
Hi guys
Has anyone been to the resedential for the senior physics challenge in cambridge? If so could you tell me what is was like and how many questions you answered on isaac physics to be selected?
Thanks
How many questions did you end up doing on Isaac Physics?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (112)
17.75%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.26%
Not great so far... (225)
35.66%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.33%

Watched Threads