Explore Your Archive Week: 19th-27th November Watch

Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

It's Explore Your Archive Week, across the UK and Ireland, from the 19th to the 27th November!

This is a joint campaign by The National Archives and the Archives and Records Association, and it aims to showcase the unique potential of archives to excite people, bring communities together, and tell amazing stories.

During this week, archives across the country will be showcasing the amazing work that they do and the phenomenal archival collections that they hold.

Personally, I volunteer in my uni's archives, and the work they do is brilliant. What I have learnt in there in my ten months volunteering is that no matter how big or small something is, if even one person finds it interesting, that is enough to preserve it. :yep:

How many of you have visited a local/uni archive? Was it for academic work? Did your school take you? Do you think preserving our history important?
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Personally, I find preserving history to be incredibly vital. :yep: We learn from history, it can teach us so many things, so it saddens me when people dismiss it. :cry2:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (145)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9%
No I am happy with my course choice (485)
59%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (118)
14.36%

Watched Threads