Laken1300
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I m studying a level physics (edexcel), but the specification isnt very helpful, would it make a difference if i revised from the ocr a level specification? And what is the best way to revise for physics especially because there are no past papers available?
B_9710
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes because the specification will need be exactly the same in both and the one which you will be examined on is the edexcel one of course.
Laken1300
Rep:
?
(Original post by B_9710)
Yes because the specification will need be exactly the same in both and the one which you will be examined on is the edexcel one of course.
So I shouldn't use the ocr specification?
B_9710
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Laken1300)
So I shouldn't use the ocr specification?
I don't know why I started my sentence with 'yes'. I mean that you should use the specification for your exam board - so the edexcel one, not the OCR one.
Laken1300
Rep:
?
(Original post by B_9710)
I don't know why I started my sentence with 'yes'. I mean that you should use the specification for your exam board - so the edexcel one, not the OCR one.
Thanks!
tparkhouse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm on AQA so I can't guarantee it, but i find the CGP revision guides really helpful
Lauren-x-
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The OCR specification is in a bit of a weird order, so it's probs best you don't anyway haha (my teacher always complains how some topics, which are really closely related, are taught quite far apart from each other). I'd suggest sticking to your exam board though as there may be some slight differences/approaches to certain topics. Though there's no harm in using other exam boards' past papers for additional practise (if you can't find enough on Edexcel)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (96)
58.18%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (18)
10.91%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (21)
12.73%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (12)
7.27%
I haven't started researching yet (9)
5.45%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
5.45%

Watched Threads