Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so it's not happening to me for quite a few months, but I and my friends are slightly panicking about leaving our teens behind. We were chatting about all the things that are only really acceptable when you're a teenager, and I figured TSR could help me come up with a list .

So, anyone got any ideas of the things you absolutely have to do before you leave your teens behind?

I have over 6 months to work my way through the list, and am hoping to leave a few to do on the big day (deary me, I'm dramatic :rolleyes:). Though I am hoping that I've done quite a few of them already .

ReputationRep:
    1. Volunteer for a charity
    2. Take my mom away for a weekend/mini-break
    3. Go to the US
    4. Find a special guy
    5. Get to a point where I'm happy with my weight/body
    6. Get back to my original blonde hair, argh
    7. Have a career plan

Hmm, considering 20 is just over a year away for me, I'd better not make any more or I won't be able to keep them!

ReputationRep:
    Get laid.

*checks today's date*
    *checks DoB*

Damn missed that one

ReputationRep:
    Make a list of twenty ancient(try keeping it to twenty, not easy) classical, medieval, renaissance, industrial, modern wonders of the world, and see them all. I'd love to do that before I die. Turning twenty sadly can only be done once

I particularly want to see first hand The Pyramids, The Colloseum, The Acropolis, the Taj Mahal, Ankgor Wat,The Sistine Chapel,The Statue of Liberty, CERN, well you get the picture.

I've seen the Eiffel tower, but that's it. I've also seen an acropolis on Rhodes, but not The Acropolis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Get laid.
    Precisely, that one's key

ReputationRep:
    I've got less than a month, so I think the one thing I want to do before I become 20, is to relax, and NOT make a list. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I've only got about 3 months until I'm twenty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunthulhu)
    1. Volunteer for a charity
    2. Take my mom away for a weekend/mini-break
    3. Go to the US
    4. Find a special guy
    5. Get to a point where I'm happy with my weight/body
    6. Get back to my original blonde hair, argh
    7. Have a career plan

Hmm, considering 20 is just over a year away for me, I'd better not make any more or I won't be able to keep them!
    I've done the bold, so that's not too bad . And the blond one doesn't apply :p:. (Though can I just say that you are absolutely *gorgeous*, from what I can tell you have a nice body, and that red hair really suits you.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Katie*)
    I've done the bold, so that's not too bad . And the blond one doesn't apply :p:. (Though can I just say that you are absolutely *gorgeous*, from what I can tell you have a nice body, and that red hair really suits you.)
    Good on you!

Aww shucks, thanks I've had it like that for about 5 years, I reckoned it was time for a change and my friends unanimously voted for blonde hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidhe)
    Make a list of twenty ancient(try keeping it to twenty, not easy) classical, medieval, renaissance, industrial, modern wonders of the world, and see them all. I'd love to do that before I die. Turning twenty sadly can only be done once

I particularly want to see first hand The Pyramids, The Colloseum, The Acropolis, the Taj Mahal, Ankgor Wat,The Sistine Chapel,The Statue of Liberty, CERN, well you get the picture.

I've seen the Eiffel tower, but that's it. I've also seen an acropolis on Rhodes, but not The Acropolis.
    The Colosseum looks great until you get inside, The Sistine Chapel ceiling would look much better if it was brighter but can't be for obvious reasons. The Statue of Liberty is alright but the Immigration Centre in Ellis island is much more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidhe)

Yay, I have seen The Sistine Chapel, The Colloseum, and the Acropolis,

I think you should add Ephesus to your list because it is amazing plus you need to see Venice!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex_26797)
    Yay, I have seen The Sistine Chapel, The Colloseum, and the Acropolis,

I think you should add Ephesus to your list because it is amazing plus you need to see Venice!!!!
    Ah blimey thanks for the tips to both of you just too much to see.

I just Googled Ephesus to see some pictures, looks amazing and I had barely heard of it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephesus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Celsus_library_3.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:T...he_Apostle.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I ain't got long! Tomorrow is my last teenage day :p:

ReputationRep:
    i have one - find someone worth loving

i could probably think of more but unfortunately i only have 7 days left... and i wont know if ive actually managed to accomplish that one until after ive turned 20... reckon i might just about scrape success tho lol

ReputationRep:
    Get a job! Never had one because I've been busy drinking/learning. I definitely NEED to gain more independence also, which the latter will help achieve.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, Ive missed the 20 mark well and truly (april) but Ive got a list for before I turn 20!

*Have my own house
    *Go Travelling
    *Meet the guy I wanna marry
    *Have a job Im happy in and earning a fair amount
    *Go to Italy
    *Just be at a point where I can say Im truly happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidhe)
    Ah blimey thanks for the tips to both of you just too much to see.

I just Googled Ephesus to see some pictures, looks amazing and I had barely heard of it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephesus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Celsus_library_3.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:T...he_Apostle.jpg
    I forgot to mention you have to add the Pantheon and Petra to your list

ReputationRep:
    go to a concert
    smoke a joint lol
    do the marathon
    join a charity

ReputationRep:
    ive got the marathon down as things to do before im 21

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickNack)
    ive got the marathon down as things to do before im 21
    i wanna do it once in my lifetime but i dunno if i ever could

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.