Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ive got moles on my arms and i hate them, thats why i dont wear t shirts or anything and im wondering is it ok to scratch them off or something?
    it sounds well but no other way to say it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Go to the Doctor. They can remove them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by risk-is-good)
    Go to the Doctor. They can remove them.
    what would i say to the doctor though, hed think i was mad

ReputationRep:
    Are your moles 3D or 2D? (i.e. do they protrude out of your skin, or are they just spots on your skin?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    ive got moles on my arms and i hate them, thats why i dont wear t shirts or anything and im wondering is it ok to scratch them off or something?
    don't remove them it's dangerous silly boy!

ReputationRep:
    dont scratch them off. get it done properly if you want them removed, but dont scratch, you will only end up hurting yourself. i doubt moles come off that easily when you scratch them anyway. get advice from you doc

ReputationRep:
    what would i say to the doctor though, hed think i was mad
    He would not. Cancer risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    Are your moles 3D or 2D? (i.e. do they protrude out of your skin, or are they just spots on your skin?)
    uh, oh most are flat but 1 is like not flat

ReputationRep:
    uh, oh most are flat but 1 is like not flat
    Flat is OK. I don't think you should have such a complex if they're flat. Loads of people have flat moles on their bodies. I've got flat moles on my arms too.

ReputationRep:
    you might trigger cancer if you do. I tried scratching them off because they were annoying, and freckles on my face too. They started to bleed :eek: I was terrified when the doctor told me what i had potentially done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    you might trigger cancer if you do. I tried scratching them off because they were annoying, and freckles on my face too. They started to bleed :eek: I was terrified when the doctor told me what i had potentially done.
    did he tell you how it can cause cancer? i cant understand how it can :confused:

ReputationRep:
    did he tell you how it can cause cancer? i cant understand how it can :confused:
    because you get the moles from the sun...and i cant remember, i think he explained. But he said it was like cancer waiting to happen.

ReputationRep:
    What are freckles a sign of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    What are freckles a sign of?
    it depends, some people get freckled from being in the sun too much, and others are just born with it

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, people are genetically predisposed to them. Exposure to sunlight is a factor. And as exposure to sunlight is related to skin cancer they can sometimes be lumped in together. But freckles themselves are harmless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    it depends, some people get freckled from being in the sun too much, and others are just born with it
    no freckles are damage caused by the sun, babies are not born with them and you don't get them on skin that has never been exposed to the sun.

You'd have unsightly scars left instead of the moles, how atractive would that be.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure doctors can remove them if they're protruding. My father had one on his face and he tied it off with a string until it shrivelled up and fell off. :eek: But he had to tie it tighter every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArisGreenleaf)
    I'm sure doctors can remove them if they're protruding. My father had one on his face and he tied it off with a string until it shrivelled up and fell off. :eek: But he had to tie it tighter every day.
    lol... why can't I stop laughing at that? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArisGreenleaf)
    Days?! Did he go outside the house with a string attached to his mole?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Days?! Did he go outside the house with a string attached to his mole?
    Of course he put a band aid over it

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.