The Student Room Group

boyfriend living in halls

so my boyfriend moved into halls at the uni in my city and lives with like 6 other girls. I'm on a gap year so I'm working but I see him quite often, I stay over once or twice a week. the girls are nice and he's super close to one of them, and I don't know if I'm just being psycho and petty but I can't help but think the worst all the time. he's not a bad guy, that's for sure I just have trust issues because my ex cheated on me I suppose.
I don't really know where I'm going with this I just thought maybe someone might be in a similar situation.
Original post by Anonymous
so my boyfriend moved into halls at the uni in my city and lives with like 6 other girls. I'm on a gap year so I'm working but I see him quite often, I stay over once or twice a week. the girls are nice and he's super close to one of them, and I don't know if I'm just being psycho and petty but I can't help but think the worst all the time. he's not a bad guy, that's for sure I just have trust issues because my ex cheated on me I suppose.
I don't really know where I'm going with this I just thought maybe someone might be in a similar situation.

Your feelings are only natural but you have to trust him.
That said going to uni is always a very tough time for couples who are split up and things dont alwats work out because you arent together as much plis the person at uni has a whole new set of friends.

Dont let jealousy kill you or insecurity eat away. Trust him until he givs you good reason to think otherwise. Id something happens, then that would be down to him.
Reply 2
Risky. You can only trust him but coming from a guy, I'd say he'll be banging them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're not being 'psycho'. Can we stop using that word when it's not needed, please.
he def banging her
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Don't worry, I don't think you are being psycho/petty. It's completely natural to worry, and whilst I'm not in your situation, I can relate from your boyfriend's perspective. My girlfriend lives in student housing off campus whilst I'm still in halls on campus around a 10 minute drive away. I don't live with guys but I do interact with them quite daily, and the best advice I have is to just trust your boyfriend. Hope everything turns out okay
If he's going to cheat on you, he will. He could do it at a club, 5 years down the line, with one of his flatmates, with your friend. If a guys a cheater he'll find the opportunity wherever to do so
best to try not to think about it, he lives where he lives... either you can trust him or you can't, if you can't deal with that you can end it now but you still lose him, so I'd try and believe in him - lots of guys live with girls and don't sleep with them, in fact it's more normal NOT to sleep with your flatmates
Reply 8
Bizarrely the best bet in terms of self esteem and holding on to your partner is to be loving but totally non-possessive and relaxed. Easier to say than to do but definitely the best approach.
Reply 9
Original post by Pinkberry_y
If he's going to cheat on you, he will. He could do it at a club, 5 years down the line, with one of his flatmates, with your friend. If a guys a cheater he'll find the opportunity wherever to do so

this is true. thanks for helping me see that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending