Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky_Sheffield)
    Rugby club - on cimmittee and play
    Mentoring project - which never really took of
    Student ambassador for Uni (just work at open days n stuff)

I was thinking about becoming a student rep but dont know if they need anyone at moment

Also I am working as a Senior Resident, living back in halls and looking after the freshers.
    I think a lot of this is stuff you can talk about. The rugby club offers teamwork opportunities that you can mention, and being on the committee shows organisational skills and communication abilities.
    The Student Ambassador again shows that you can organise and communicate, since I assume you give tours, and you can say that working as an SA has given you experience in taking control of situations (and sales skills to some extent) when you've had to promote the university to potential students.
    Being a Senior Resident shows that you've gained experience in working within a position of responsibility where you've had to be capable of addressing the concerns of others, and providing customer service of sorts.

ReputationRep:
    I know but the academic side... what have I/you gained from Uni??? Apart from learning more about the subject what else have you learnt?

ReputationRep:
    From an academic point of view, as well as the subjects, I've learnt teamwork skills (mostly because a lot of us have to get together to make each film), public speaking skills (from the presentations) - but both of those you've already explained aren't relevant to your course.
    I've learnt organisational and time management skills from sticking to all of the deadlines, I suppose you could work that one in somehow?
    I don't think there's much else I could mention really. Hm...

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you look back on what you were like in 6th form at work, and compare it to know. Surely you have become more determined and focused in your studies? There has to be some changes that you can put down on your CV...failing that, just do what everyone else does with their CV...lie!

ReputationRep:
    I am going to lie, but what exactly shall I say? I think the one about time management is a bit hazy as you need time management in ajob etc/

ReputationRep:
    The ability to prioritise tasks?

ReputationRep:
    That you are more determined and responsible, hard working etc. Anything that sounds good really! Obviously not anything too OTT...but just write what you think they want to hear.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.