The Student Room Group

Does anyone here have a burning hatred for screaming babies?

anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Yep, they're annoying as ****, but their parents are just as irritating.
Reply 2
Yes, especially on a Monday morning on the bus/train.
Reply 3
Yes! There's nothing worse than being stuck on a bus or train when you've forgotten your headphones and there's nothing you can do to block out their screeching and screaming. The noise goes right through you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I use to. My 14 month old nephew has forced me through a kind of exposure therapy that has left me immune to crying babies.
At least they are crying :P One baby not only screamed but also started repeatedly kicking me in the leg :erm: I was too tired and annoyed to even tell anything to the mother, even though I'm sure she saw but did nothing to stop it.

Worst case scenario, you're on a 2-3 hour flight, a child in front of you starts screaming and crying throughout 90% of the flight and you have no earplugs nor headphones with you :facepalm: I'd pay extra just to reserve a seat with no children around :rofl:
Couldn't say I do, because after all I am trying to become a Paedatric Nurse Practitioner.
Reply 7
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994

Agree x`1
Original post by AshEntropy
Yes, especially on a Monday morning on the bus/train.

Agree x 2
Original post by Spock's Socks
Yes! There's nothing worse than being stuck on a bus or train when you've forgotten your headphones and there's nothing you can do to block out their screeching and screaming. The noise goes right through you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feelsbadman
Agree x 3
Original post by Quantex
I use to. My 14 month old nephew has forced me through a kind of exposure therapy that has left me immune to crying babies.

Well at least you got some immunity from all the exposure :biggrin:
Original post by ForgetMe
At least they are crying :P One baby not only screamed but also started repeatedly kicking me in the leg :erm: I was too tired and annoyed to even tell anything to the mother, even though I'm sure she saw but did nothing to stop it.

Worst case scenario, you're on a 2-3 hour flight, a child in front of you starts screaming and crying throughout 90% of the flight and you have no earplugs nor headphones with you :facepalm: I'd pay extra just to reserve a seat with no children around :rofl:

That makes me want to twist their foot crush it and rip it off and slap the mother with it whoops, my inner voice came out a little o.o
tru that, peace and silence is nice

Original post by redpimpernel
Couldn't say I do, because after all I am trying to become a Paedatric Nurse Practitioner.

awww unlucky :/
you can still get annoyed but ti doesn't mean u have to show it :redface:
Reply 8
Hell yeah. Annoying little creatures.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by will'o'wisp
anyone?

Yeah I do it's really annoying.
Original post by A321
Hell yeah. Annoying little creatures.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Savitar
Yeah I do it's really annoying.

Glad to know it's just no me

Precisely! The babies can't help screaming - that's what babies do. But the mothers who just sit there watching them scream the shop/bus/restaurant down and then if anyone even tries to complain go off on one about 'how dare you tell me to stop my child screaming' - they're the problem.

I've had stand-up arguments in restaurants about this - selfish women who bring their brats in for lunch and ruin it for everyone else. :angry:
Original post by Reality Check
Precisely! The babies can't help screaming - that's what babies do. But the mothers who just sit there watching them scream the shop/bus/restaurant down and then if anyone even tries to complain go off on one about 'how dare you tell me to stop my child screaming' - they're the problem.

I've had stand-up arguments in restaurants about this - selfish women who bring their brats in for lunch and ruin it for everyone else. :angry:

I agree. The 'I should be able to bring my screaming kid anywhere' parents are prevalent :angry:
Glad to know it's just no me

Haha, it's annoying in public places.
Original post by Savitar
Haha, it's annoying in public places.

definitely
one of the "unspoken rules of public behavior"
Honestly, it is even worse when its in the cinema -.-
definitely
one of the "unspoken rules of public behavior"

Yeah lol. :redface:
I agree. The 'I should be able to bring my screaming kid anywhere' parents are prevalent :angry:

lol it's annoying af.
Original post by Savitar
lol it's annoying af.

It is. :tongue:
Reply 19
when they are sitting behind me on a plane or at a restaurant, yes

anywhere else, no

Quick Reply

Latest