Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    if you dont know what the HEMG is, chances are you are not getting one :P - maitainance grant - not sure how it works, i think it comes with an income assessed student loan. and business students are not eligable for bursaries for good grades.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I got my welcome pack... Still nothing about a bursary. Reckon I should email them or just wait until I enroll? :/
    Anyone else eligible for a bursary here (i.e. you're getting a maintenance grant)?

ReputationRep:
    Emma when did you get yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Opeyewa)
    Emma when did you get yours?
    I got it this morning, so I assume everyone else will be getting theirs any day now.

ReputationRep:
    i think the bursary is mentioned in the booklet, did anyone else get 2 of those medical form things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty_koo)
    i think the bursary is mentioned in the booklet, did anyone else get 2 of those medical form things?
    I got two different medical forms if that's what you mean o.O
    One that had NHS on it and the other was just for the uni or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmab7654321)
    I got two different medical forms if that's what you mean o.O
    One that had NHS on it and the other was just for the uni or something?
    yea those are them, but i got given two of each :confused: lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh Not sure then, I assume that it's just a mistake lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Opeyewa)
    Anyone know when the loan first comes in? I'm making plans for my laptop .

i tink its like after first week of enroling or something. thats rly late.....wat we meant to live off untill then. also does anyone know if we need to fill in additional forms or nthing for our student fees to be transferred??

ReputationRep:
    Business students are eligable for the Aston Busary of up to £750 if they receive the HEMG, just like all students. However no Business student is eligable for an extra busary, the Aston Subject-Specific Award, these are only available to Language and Biological science students due to their "national importance" and are also of £750

ReputationRep:
    hey ppl, quick question...the welcome pack has the list of stuff we need 2 do b4 we get ther, has ne1 else sent in a copy of their finance letter? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hidrees)
    hey ppl, quick question...the welcome pack has the list of stuff we need 2 do b4 we get ther, has ne1 else sent in a copy of their finance letter? :confused:
    I sent it in a couple of weeks ago, I read on the website that you had to do it. It doesn't matter when you do it, you can just show it to them at enrolment apparently

I still haven't got my welcome pack...

ReputationRep:
    fair play, ill do it in the mornin. most important fing in the pack is the enrolment guide wich is online neways 2, http://www.aston.ac.uk/downloads/new.../enrolment.pdf

ReputationRep:
    I got £1000 Access to learning fund because im poor. I think they reduced that last/this year and is what the £750 refers to. FACE!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had my finance letter yet, although I checked the site and apparently I've been approved now. I sent them a copy of the letter that says that it was still being assessed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    I haven't had my finance letter yet, although I checked the site and apparently I've been approved now. I sent them a copy of the letter that says that it was still being assessed.
    Has Aston asked you to send that, because I will be getting a grant, but nothing has been mentioned to me about a bursary :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I still havent received nothing from the university yet anyone else in the same boat???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmab7654321)
    Has Aston asked you to send that, because I will be getting a grant, but nothing has been mentioned to me about a bursary :confused:
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that they did ask me to send it. The letter said something about sending confirmation of who would be paying your tuition fees by the 1st September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rs_6632)
    I still havent received nothing from the university yet anyone else in the same boat???
    I've got nothing too

ReputationRep:
    i've heard nothing too =(

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.