The Student Room Group

Creative Writing commentary in exam?

Hi guys!

Our Creative Writing class are a tad confused about the commentary we have to produce in our exam for A-Level. AQA haven't seemed to have given out much information, so there has been a lack of communication over what we should include in it. Does anyone know how to structure it, or how we incorporate reading (as if we use pieces from class, it'll look like we've been copying each other), or just generally any information?

Many thanks :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HelsQ
Hi guys!

Our Creative Writing class are a tad confused about the commentary we have to produce in our exam for A-Level. AQA haven't seemed to have given out much information, so there has been a lack of communication over what we should include in it. Does anyone know how to structure it, or how we incorporate reading (as if we use pieces from class, it'll look like we've been copying each other), or just generally any information?

Many thanks :smile:

Page 19-22 of this seems pretty clear: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-W-2750-TG-FIRST.PDF
"They will need to chart the development of the pieces in terms of initial aims, choice of form, response to feedback and editing decisions." <= that and the sections in that piece of writing is your structure: Inspiration and aims, Influences, Choice of form, Creative problem solving, Responding to feedback and editing
Original post by PQ
Page 19-22 of this seems pretty clear: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-W-2750-TG-FIRST.PDF
"They will need to chart the development of the pieces in terms of initial aims, choice of form, response to feedback and editing decisions." <= that and the sections in that piece of writing is your structure: Inspiration and aims, Influences, Choice of form, Creative problem solving, Responding to feedback and editing

Oh gosh I do not know if I am meant to be commenting here. But this was posted most recently and I really need help on my commentary I would appreciate tips and examples!

Thank You!

Quick Reply

Latest