The Student Room Group

Lost debit card?

So last night I lost my debit card. I know I didn't lose it on a night out because I realised it was gone mid way through pres so the only places it could be are my flat and the tescos down the road. i (stupidly) still went out and mooched drinks off friends because my flatmate is dropping out and I wanted to say goodbye (and I was also very drunk). I have turned the flat upside down looking for it to no avail and am about to call my bank but the problem is that I'm due to go home on Saturday night and so I'll need a replacement card by then in order to get my train home. if anyone else has done this before how long did it take for your card to come? I have a Santander card if that's of any help?
Original post by TinyPhasma
So last night I lost my debit card. I know I didn't lose it on a night out because I realised it was gone mid way through pres so the only places it could be are my flat and the tescos down the road. i (stupidly) still went out and mooched drinks off friends because my flatmate is dropping out and I wanted to say goodbye (and I was also very drunk). I have turned the flat upside down looking for it to no avail and am about to call my bank but the problem is that I'm due to go home on Saturday night and so I'll need a replacement card by then in order to get my train home. if anyone else has done this before how long did it take for your card to come? I have a Santander card if that's of any help?

First thing is to cancel it, pronto. Ring the bank, now.

A new card will take 5-7 business days to come through, but that's no reason not to cancel the lost one. Can't you ask your parent/s/guardian to buy the ticket for you online and arrange for you to pick it up at the station? Or do you have a credit card which you could use for the same thing?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest