Information on degree level apprenticeships - becoming a solicitor Watch

Ccfchoi87
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I'm hoping to get a degree level apprenticeship to become a solicitor. I understand they are quite new so there won't be much information about them but I was wondering two things.

Do you know what apprenticeships will be available in this sector as there is very little advertised? There is one at dentons in London but I was hoping for Midlands preferably Birmingham.

Also, the degree these apprenticeships offer is in legal practice. Is this as good as a law degree and will be help me find work as a solicitor in the future?

Thanks in advance
She-Ra
  • TSR Community Staff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ccfchoi87)
Hi,

I'm hoping to get a degree level apprenticeship to become a solicitor. I understand they are quite new so there won't be much information about them but I was wondering two things.

Do you know what apprenticeships will be available in this sector as there is very little advertised? There is one at dentons in London but I was hoping for Midlands preferably Birmingham.

Also, the degree these apprenticeships offer is in legal practice. Is this as good as a law degree and will be help me find work as a solicitor in the future?

Thanks in advance
(Original post by Advice from National Apprenticeship Service)
x
Please can you advise Ccfchoi87
Advice from National Apprenticeship Service
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ccfchoi87)
Hi,

Thanks in advance
Yes you are right that Degree apprenticeships are still very new and you need to register and search on gov.uk/findanapprenticeship (this is the government's official website for all live apprenticeship vacancies from employers). if you do not find a live vacancy you can set up a web or text alert so that when new vacancies are uploaded by employers you will receive an alert. There are also a range of early vacancies for higher and degree being posted for September 2017 start on the UCAS website and on gov.uk. Vacancies are only advertised where an employer has a job to be filled so we cannot guarantee where they are. There will be an increase in degree apprenticeships over the next year as more new standards are approved. The Level 7 is the equivalent of a Masters degree but we cannot confirm whether there are any vacancies. It may be good to write to firms to see if they would offer vacancies.
s0phiec
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello all - @fcmcmurray and I are solicitor apprentices at Withers and have made an official thread if any of you have questions we could answer :-)

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post81495336
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 20 May '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How has 2019 been so far?