The Student Room Group

The big and shiny work experience bible

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
yeaah emzzzzz. u have got WAY more than i had last year.. u cant compareyourself to people re-applying anyway cuz we've had an extra year and everything :smile:
yours is absolutely fine and if u can make it sound even better in yr PS and aat interviews u will get in to vet school no problem.. gota beleive in yrself tho...
when i didnt get into bristol after interview my teacher sed "when u walked into teh room did you beleive u wud get an offer?" i was like "urrrrrr... no not reallly"
Youve gota be really optimistic and beleive u can do it.. then u will :smile:
u can still get more experince in between now and then anyway.. on the liverpool form it has a section for "planned work experience" :woo:
Rachhyyyy
I still havnt been emailed back about the AI course :frown: pffft!
i dotn have any work experience for 3 weeks now.. then ive got constant work experience for about 7 weeks of something crazy right up the the oct 15th deadline.. arrrrgh!

Anyone know when we can start filling out UCAS form?

I think it's 1st September but not too sure.
Awww thankyou everyone :smile: I feel much better now.:hugs:
I am just such a worrier.. always have been,and always will be most likely :frown:
Reply 583
Rachhyyyy
I still havnt been emailed back about the AI course :frown: pffft!
i dotn have any work experience for 3 weeks now.. then ive got constant work experience for about 7 weeks of something crazy right up the the oct 15th deadline.. arrrrgh!

Anyone know when we can start filling out UCAS form?

Is it different for re-appliers then? Cause I can already start filling out the form...
Reply 584
i havnt even tried.. i dont no how to?!
My college are so awful and im not gona get into college to find out for ages cuz im on constant work experience when college starts agen.. oh deaaar!
Reply 585
ooooh steph.. i see uve decided on your 4 :smile:
I STILL cant make my mind up!!
I picked those four.. good choices :smile:
Reply 587
Rachhyyy, did you end up going to the Edinburgh Open Day? Haha I know it's a bit random asking about it, but if so how did you find it?
Reply 588
Im going in september.. the 23rd :woo: Very excited... i :love: the look of scotland it looks awesome.. i want to live there!!
Reply 589
Awesome. I didn't know if you had already gone (I missed the Open Day last year so I didn't know when it was).
Hehe it is awfully chilly up here though. Wrap up warm when you come up to the open day in September! :yep:
(Might see you there, does the open day go into the vet school itself?).
Reply 590
yeaah im going to the vet school one.. i think.. i dont really know!?

guess what.. i started filling otu my UCAS form this morning.. took me about 10 guesses to find the buzzword for my college haha.. i hate that form.. it brings back bad memoryssssss
Reply 591
Haha I'm sure it'll be nice anyway. I love Open Days!
Gah, UCAS. I always had problems with that website. My guidance teacher didn't even know how to work it even though she was the one who was meant to be the careers expert (that was a bit dire). I remember I had to send the info to her first, she would attach a reference and then the whole thing would be sent to the unis. But at the time I had no idea how to do it and it took about a week to figure it out haha.
I actually only got it all sent off on the 5th of October or thereabouts. Talk about cutting it close!
Good luck with reapplying. :biggrin:
Reply 592
the 5th????
mine went on the 13th lol
Reply 593
Haha I thought mine was sent off late because everyone at my school was super-organised and I wasn't. Ah well, what matters is that it goes before the deadline. :biggrin:
Reply 594
ooh mine wont be going any early tis time either i doubt.. im always too scared to send it incase i have a major brain wave or something and want to change it hahahaa!
i may be more organised this year.. u never know :smile:
Just wondering...

Lots of people make work experience portfolios to take to interviews. What sort of things do people put in them? (I'm guessing: references, pictures... etc) I guess I'm mainly aiming this at people who have already applied before!

Thanks
I only take references, in a folder, that's it. If you take actual pictures and stuff, I don't think they're interested. I just took references.
Reply 597
I only took one reference to my interviews, although I had sent a bunch of them in the post beforehand. I think the most important things are the references; they probably won't take much notice of anything else.
I know a guy who filmed a lot of his work experience and he doubted if admissions even watched the footage. You can imagine, as they have so many people to go through and it would be unfair to spend more time looking at one individual than others.
Yeah as above ^

I'd recommend taking all refs to interview, because you never know there may not have received them in the post etc. I think at my Bris interview I sent them beforehand, AND let them have a copy after interview, because they asked if they could keep them (which sort of made me wonder if they got them in the post, so always best to confirm by giving them in person if they want them)
Question:
The kennel women really did not take to me. Basically she questioned my "Commitment to being a vet" when I told her it was usually my mum who fed my cat :s-smilie:(I don't deliberately neglect him! He gets fed in the morning when I'm busy getting ready and at night I'm not home yet generally. I still give him loads of attention..) She never liked me after that, constantly telling me stories of the hard requirements working with animals demands. "Oh on Christmas day we had a sick dog and we had to abandon celebrating...Could you handle that?" I do know of the commitment needed!
I don't think I'll get a reference off her..
Would I get away with just leaving it (I know Edinburgh like them from all placements though)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending