afridai
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How do I do well in English Literature essays?
rosie.mn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by afridai)
How do I do well in English Literature essays?
I've been doing English Lit since I joined 6th form in September, I have got an A on all my essays. I think the most important thing is a mature writing style and making sure you're quoting a text for evidence, talking about a device it uses, explain why the author may have used it, analyse it then talk about context relating to it. This leads to an in depth analysis which comments on both technique and what the author was inferring. Hope this helped?
afridai
Rep:
?
(Original post by rosie.mn)
I've been doing English Lit since I joined 6th form in September, I have got an A on all my essays. I think the most important thing is a mature writing style and making sure you're quoting a text for evidence, talking about a device it uses, explain why the author may have used it, analyse it then talk about context relating to it. This leads to an in depth analysis which comments on both technique and what the author was inferring. Hope this helped?
Oh wow, that's amazing, well done! I've been getting B's & A's, what books are you studying?
rosie.mn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by afridai)
Oh wow, that's amazing, well done! I've been getting B's & A's, what books are you studying?
Thank you!! you too. I'm currently studying A Streetcar Named Desire and Duchess of Malfi, while reading Wide Sargasso Sea (our coursework book). What about you?
afridai
Rep:
?
(Original post by rosie.mn)
Thank you!! you too. I'm currently studying A Streetcar Named Desire and Duchess of Malfi, while reading Wide Sargasso Sea (our coursework book). What about you?
Oh same I'm doing Duchess of Malfi, Dracula & Dorian Gray!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.54%
No (268)
33.46%

Watched Threads