Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

History HL internal assessment... help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Please post me the easiest titles/questions to write about in my hl history internal assessment... I have no idea what I wanna do, and I don't have a lot of time left. We've learned about nazi germany, Mussolini's Italy, the russian revolutions & tsars and Russia under Lenin and under Stalin, WW1 and WW2 so far. Preferable would be something about nazi germany... but just anything on those topics will do, as long as it's easy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Be warned, many people want to write on Nazi Germany, and hence it may at times be tougher to really shine in your internal assessment if you write on it. However, do not let this discourage you, especially as you could look at something less commonly studied. That said, there is no need to write cutting edge history - my internal assessment involved primarily an historiographic overview of previous ideas put forward regarding the Tito-Stalin political schism, indicating which I thought best explained the situation.

In terms of Nazi Germany the obvious questions (though as I have warned these tend to be very popular, and can be difficult to do well in) would involve causes of Hitler's rise to power, to what extent he was an absolute dictator, whether or not Germanys 'war economy' (if it even existed) necessitated war in 1939, and suchlike.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, there's no need to shine, no need to shine at all... just an average grade will do.

Yeah, I like that last one... I'm gonna look into it. THanks man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namelessdog)
    Yeah, I like that last one... I'm gonna look into it. THanks man
    No problem. With the new criteria you also don't always really need to shine. By biggest piece of advice is that you look at the criteria while writing the essay (if you don't have a copy ask your teacher).

ReputationRep:
    Will do

ReputationRep:
    A good idea might (I'm not saying that it works for everyone, but it worked for me...) be to first find some good sources, and then decide the precise research question. You already have an area of interest, so just look around for valuable sources, it will be much easier to complete it once you've got a good range of sources. I would suggest using a few books (at least 4-5) and some primary sources.

The internal assessment is really an easy thing to do, if you just look at it a bit analytically. Essentially, it is only a couple of questions that require answers of around 500 words. Oh, and do closely read the criteria several times (and then follow them). My investigation wasn't really all that brilliant, but I had some good sources and followed the criteria, and I ended up with a good grade.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.