The Student Room Group
Yes, as will all help if you are applying to uni afterwards. In addition to this shows that you can cope with larger workload, and are able to succeed in exams. This will probably really help in any application, particularly since there are no exams (that I know of) in BTEC courses.
yeh it would be gud but there was no way i would have been able to fit in an extra anything doing my btec unless it was in night school cuz i was practically at college in lessons 9-5 for 3days and then 2 days in placement but then i dont know if i had a larger work load or not because my btec led to a professional qualification in childcare (nursery nurse, nanny, child minder)

but if ur timetable doesnt clash id say go for it!
Reply 3
madhattertom
Do you think I should do an as qualification as well as a BTEC NATIONAL DILPOMA. Cheers

Exactly what im planning to do.
Although I'm about to start my second year on my Btec in Electronic Engineering, most uni's I've been looking at prefer applicants to have an As/A level in Maths alongside a BTEC. So thats one of the reasons I will be doing a Maths A level alongside.

Although it all depends what Btec you are doing though! If you think its essential to progress further then go for it, other wise you may find theres no need to do any additonal qualifcations alongside. But within saying that I've been brought up to take any up any oppertunity I can to progress onward and upward. :yy:
It depends on the courses you plan on doing.
Will you have the time to complete work for both courses. If you do 3 AS levels, altogther you could have the work of 6 A Levels going.
I know a girl who is doing that, and she finds it hard.
I did a year of AS levels before going on to do a BTEC. I didnt plan it like that, i just hated 6th form. But yeah, go for it.
Oh yeh just realised i probably wouldnt have been able to manage it cuz my Btec was worth 4 alevels (early years)

Latest

Trending

Trending