Monie21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm re-doing year 13 to improve my grades, ultimately I would like a grade B in both Maths(AQA) and Biology(OCR).Which exams should I retake to be able to achieve this?
my exams potentially are:
F211,F212,F214 and F215
Core 1,Core 2, Core 3, Core 4, Mechanics 1 and Decision 1

At the moment I have 393 ums in biology and 286 ums in maths
CutieTootsie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what ups did you get in each module? i'll be able to help you if i knew
Monie21
Rep:
?
biology ums:
f211-59
f212-83
f213-50
f214-48
f215-99
f216-54

maths ums:
core 1-56
core 2-64
core 3-37
core 4-29
mechanics 1-50
decision 1-50
Failedexamms
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
so to get a B you need atleast 420 UMS, to get it up to that i would recommend retaking them all as otherwise if you didn't you still not reach the 420 and in the December mock last year in mechanics i got about 40 ums and I managed to get 79 in the actual exam so with a it of work you could get it.
Monie21
Rep:
?
(Original post by Failedexamms)
so to get a B you need atleast 420 UMS, to get it up to that i would recommend retaking them all as otherwise if you didn't you still not reach the 420 and in the December mock last year in mechanics i got about 40 ums and I managed to get 79 in the actual exam so with a it of work you could get it.
Thanks, I knew I'd have to retake most of them this year, and from recent mock exams I've done I've improved from E/D grades to C grades. so if I really work at it,I'll be able to get that overall B in both maths and biology.
Failedexamms
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
there hope, what are you applying for? atleast if you retake them all even if you mess one up you can still get that b and you can use your papers towards your grade if you do better
Monie21
Rep:
?
(Original post by Failedexamms)
there hope, what are you applying for? atleast if you retake them all even if you mess one up you can still get that b and you can use your papers towards your grade if you do better
I want to do medical physiology and therapeutics at the university of nottingham which needs ABB with a B in biology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.78%
Excited but a bit nervous (142)
44.94%
Not bothered either way (38)
12.03%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.25%

Watched Threads