Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    we're all newbies at heart
    Apart from me. I've been geriatric since the day I joined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Well it's pretty important - that money partly help other countries - something which you seem for!
    Well, only a small amount! some gets wasted on useless stuff!

ReputationRep:
    If you are earning 100k what would be a percentage thats taxed?

ReputationRep:
    White van men and basically, all typical skinhead thuggish people, like them electricians and plumbers who go around driving in their vans attempting to rip people off, like on BBC1's Rogue Trader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    If you are earning 100k what would be a percentage thats taxed?
    40% I think....but don't quote me on that one!

ReputationRep:
    It pisses me off when people ask you for advice or a comment on a situation that they refuse to divulge any real details on, then complain that you don't understand when they don't like what they hear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    40% I think....but don't quote me on that one!
    Yeah, the upper tax band is 40%. Same as capital gains tax, which makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Dilusional arrogance, to the extent where it offends others in order to empower one's ego.
    We seem to have been inspired by the same person then.

ReputationRep:
    Arrogance is bad enough, but when it gets to the stage where it's completely dillusional, and then they even go as far as putting down others to make themselves feel better, that completely irritates me.

The only person who can justifiably be arrogant is the one who is the best at what he is being arrogant about, and even then he'd still be a bit of a prick.
    I think in this situation I'm more inclined to feel sympathy. I think Ben may have a few issues that need to be resolved by something more than abstaining from posting on an internet forum.

(Original post by Zapsta)
    I think in this situation I'm more inclined to feel sympathy. I think Ben may have a few issues that need to be resolved by something more than abstaining from posting on an internet forum.
    I'd like to break a rule by saying how dare you, and i don't want Bono to know about any problems i have, and you don't know 99% of my history, maybe i do use this as an escape from reality because i can't take it, but you don't need to announce it.

By the way, my post in this thread wasn't aimed at you, seriously. It wasn't describing you at all, infact it was describing another member(s) in mind, who I shan't mention...
    Good, it's Zapsta i'm upset with for what he said. Anyway i'm going to bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I'd like to break a rule by saying how dare you, and i don't want Bono to know about any problems i have, and you don't know 99% of my history, maybe i do use this as an escape from reality because i can't take it, but you don't need to announce it.
    You've announced it yourself on several occasions. I'm not trying to be insulting in the slightest, but the gesture of leaving seems somewhat hollow if you are only going to follow it up with a similar cycle in another forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Arrogance.

I detest arrogance. :mad:
    I agree, very annoying. Anti-Americans also annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    I loathe people who think they know everythign about everything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I loathe people who think they know everythign about everything!
    Delusions of omniscience, huh. I think it should be included in the diagnostic statistical manual as a mental illness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amex)
    That bill gates is worth more than the poorest 45% american households combined.

Actually, that doesn't really annoy me; it's kinda cool. But it's something everyone might wanna know
    Uhh yes but he is leaving over 90% of his fortune to charities when he dies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicalsausage)
    Uhh yes but he is leaving over 90% of his fortune to charities when he dies...
    and ive read somewhere he is only leaving his kids 30Mil each. Which is a lot I know, but not compared with all the moeny he has.

ReputationRep:
    It has to be...people who don't think logically., and/or refuse to accept a locical conclusion when that conclusion does not coincide with what they want. ARRRGGHHHHHHHHHH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    It has to be...people who don't think logically., and/or refuse to accept a locical conclusion when that conclusion does not coincide with what they ant.
    yeah, that's a common pet peeve

ReputationRep:
    Uruks and trolls annoy me greatly.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.