Friends trying to push me out?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm at uni and I get on well with my group of friends, but some, not all of them, are acting a bit weird towards me and since chatting about living together next year, some of them have been acting even weirder like ignoring me etc. The rest are fine so idk what's going on?
VaticanCameos
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you tried speaking to them about it? even just one on one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quiet Benin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm at uni and I get on well with my group of friends, but some, not all of them, are acting a bit weird towards me and since chatting about living together next year, some of them have been acting even weirder like ignoring me etc. The rest are fine so idk what's going on?
Bluntly, those who are acting weirdly to you are not your friends. Trust me a similar situation (not in terms of housing) happened to me this week in uni and i'm reeling the pain from it.
Tomaziax
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Omg I feel the exact same. Ever since I decided I'm changing universities next year they've sort of been acting like there's no point in being mates with me but Idk if it's just me overthinking. But I'm just getting on with my life! I know how you feel

Posted from TSR Mobile
SarahhLouisee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Last year, I had someone who acted similarly to this towards me. She and I (and another flatmate) went to the cinema together and she acted really weird the whole time, she barely spoke and it was generally really awkward. I found out later that week from the other flatmate that she was acting weird because she decided to move out with another group of girls and was "too scared" to tell me. Funny, because she was the one who wasn't very nice or approachable... My point is, maybe it's something similar?

I would approach them if it's bothering you that much. Why torture yourself? If they're straight up ignoring you, call them out. You don't have to be mean, just tell them the way they're acting towards you is making you uncomfortable and ask if there's anything they want to talk about.

Good luck and I hope you can resolve this issue with your friends x
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by VaticanCameos)
Have you tried speaking to them about it? even just one on one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by SarahhLouisee)
Last year, I had someone who acted similarly to this towards me. She and I (and another flatmate) went to the cinema together and she acted really weird the whole time, she barely spoke and it was generally really awkward. I found out later that week from the other flatmate that she was acting weird because she decided to move out with another group of girls and was "too scared" to tell me. Funny, because she was the one who wasn't very nice or approachable... My point is, maybe it's something similar?

I would approach them if it's bothering you that much. Why torture yourself? If they're straight up ignoring you, call them out. You don't have to be mean, just tell them the way they're acting towards you is making you uncomfortable and ask if there's anything they want to talk about.

Good luck and I hope you can resolve this issue with your friends x
I've tried speaking to them but the ones talking to me don't know what's going on, they can't seem to see it for some reason. Sigh. I've asked one and they're ignoring me or not bringing up the topic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (96)
28.24%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.12%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (34)
10%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed