Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Is the uni open on weekends

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    ?Anyone

ReputationRep:
    The best way to find is to check that specific uni's website.

I'm pretty much sure they aren't open in the weekends or perhaps it depends on what uni it is.

ReputationRep:
    I mean my uni is open on weekends, like the buildings are open, the sports centres open, the librarys open, ect

but staff/lecturers arent there

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought so - at my uni (Cambridge) we have lectures on Saturdays and the department library is open all weekend during normal hours. College libraries are usually open 24/7 with card access. It depends what you mean by "is the uni open" - do you mean is there active teaching going on, or just whether or not you are allowed to use the facilities? Most unis don't have lectures/ labs at the weekend, but I'd guess they'd all let you use the library etc.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.