ahmadzia saqib
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hi
i am a new to uk and at the moment i am studying gcse. i have applied for birmingham south and city college, construction level3 btec extanded diploma and btec level 3 business in my schoolsixth from.
is that true that in college your classmates will be over 20?
my teacher says that i have to stay in the school sixth form.
shalli stay in my school sixth form or go to college?
my future plans are that i want to go to university and study a architecture degree.
i am confused please help!!!!!!!!!!!!
rosie.mn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ahmadzia saqib)
hi
i am a new to uk and at the moment i am studying gcse. i have applied for birmingham south and city college, construction level3 btec extanded diploma and btec level 3 business in my schoolsixth from.
is that true that in college your classmates will be over 20?
my teacher says that i have to stay in the school sixth form.
shalli stay in my school sixth form or go to college?
my future plans are that i want to go to university and study a architecture degree.
i am confused please help!!!!!!!!!!!!
For an architecture degree, aren't you best doing art? Because you will need a portfolio to apply for it. Yes, when you're doing BTECS it is a possibility you will be studying with older people as colleges open their courses so everyone can apply, BTECs are common for older people who want a change of career but need a qualification. If you stay in the 6th form, you're pribabaly going to have to do a levels as not all 6th forms offer BTEC. Is that something you feel you can do? At the end of the day it's your life and your choices and no one here can tell you what to do, but do what you feel is best for you!
ahmadzia saqib
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by rosie.mn)
For an architecture degree, aren't you best doing art? Because you will need a portfolio to apply for it. Yes, when you're doing BTECS it is a possibility you will be studying with older people as colleges open their courses so everyone can apply, BTECs are common for older people who want a change of career but need a qualification. If you stay in the 6th form, you're pribabaly going to have to do a levels as not all 6th forms offer BTEC. Is that something you feel you can do? At the end of the day it's your life and your choices and no one here can tell you what to do, but do what you feel is best for you!
thank you for your feedback.very helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (135)
14.67%
I'm not sure (40)
4.35%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (279)
30.33%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.61%
I'm not a current university student (442)
48.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise