Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    It says on the website that they're , which is different to being 6 in the league tables. Doesn't say a source though.
    No I've read it wrong, it's the 6th MOST popular university for applications from students...it doesn't mention the league table. No wonder I got confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlondeFunkyChic)
    Well during the open day, the lecturer who actually spoke to us said they are the best in the country for journalism...and this was extremely appealing to me. Although, he may not be telling the truth?
    If this is the case then it would definately be worthwhile going there since thats what you wish to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    If this is the case then it would definately be worthwhile going there since thats what you wish to do.
    Well I am doing PSYCHOLOGY and Journalism, then I am hoping to do that course (I don't know the name of it??), it lasts a year and it trains you to be a teacher, but I have spoke to quite a few people and they said they are going to do it or their siblings have done it. So I am actually hoping to teach Psychology to college students, if I don't get a job in journalism, as teaching is good to have behind you IMO. So all in all it will be four years at university to me...unless I do a post graduate, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well I am doing PSYCHOLOGY and Journalism, then I am hoping to do that course (I don't know the name of it??), it lasts a year and it trains you to be a teacher, but I have spoke to quite a few people and they said they are going to do it or their siblings have done it. So I am actually hoping to teach Psychology to college students, if I don't get a job in journalism, as teaching is good to have behind you IMO. So all in all it will be four years at university to me...unless I do a post graduate, lol.
    You mean a PGCE?

ReputationRep:
    You mean a PGCE?
    Lol! Yep that's the one! I knew it began with P... I just personally think its a good thing to have.

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Yep that's the one! I knew it began with P... I just personally think its a good thing to have.
    yeah, they're always after teachers.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, they're always after teachers.
    Yep exactly, I would find it rewarding and get satisfaction that I am teaching college students to pass their GCSEs and A Level's, especially knowing I have been there and done it myself and contributed to them doing well in life.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 14, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.