username1801065
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi I have 3 upcoming mocks next week for bio, chem and maths. Does anyone have any study and revision tips for these subjects and how not to spend too much time on one subject? Thanks x
Lauren-x-
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I only do maths out of those subjects, but I'd recommend finding a few exam-style questions online, on the topics you've done, and going through them. After doing a couple on each topic, you may find strengths/weaknesses and you can focus on improving the weaknesses.

I'm not sure if this will work for bio and chem, but you could try it! Or perhaps make flashcards on key definitions/things you need to know - that's what I do in physics (quizlet is good for this).

As for time management, you could spend about half an hour just organising a timetable/working out how long you're going to spend on each subject and stick to it. I've made a timetable on excel - yet it's a little ironic for me to suggest this as I didn't stick to it last week

There's also lots of revision videos online/on youtube, so if you really don't have the energy, or you're really stuck on a topic, watching a video can help. Good luck with your mocks!
username1801065
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Lauren-x-)
I only do maths out of those subjects, but I'd recommend finding a few exam-style questions online, on the topics you've done, and going through them. After doing a couple on each topic, you may find strengths/weaknesses and you can focus on improving the weaknesses.

I'm not sure if this will work for bio and chem, but you could try it! Or perhaps make flashcards on key definitions/things you need to know - that's what I do in physics (quizlet is good for this).

As for time management, you could spend about half an hour just organising a timetable/working out how long you're going to spend on each subject and stick to it. I've made a timetable on excel - yet it's a little ironic for me to suggest this as I didn't stick to it last week

There's also lots of revision videos online/on youtube, so if you really don't have the energy, or you're really stuck on a topic, watching a video can help. Good luck with your mocks!

Thank you so much Good luck to you too! And same here with the timetable lol
Fractite
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
www.s-cool.co.uk is pretty good for A-level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (31)
19.14%
I'm not sure (3)
1.85%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (53)
32.72%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.85%
I'm not a current university student (72)
44.44%

Watched Threads