CU Student Union: 'Why is my curriculum white? Decolonise the curriculum!'

Watch
The Last Citizen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
The same Student Union which banned newspapers is now looking to 'decolonise' the curriculum. https://www.culsu.co.uk/student-voic...almeeting2016/

"The education we receive at many universities is one that has been largely shaped by colonialism. It is one that places white, Eurocentric writers and thinkers above others without much concern. This leads to a blindness to other perspectives, and a complete dismissal of the large amounts of thought provoking work produced throughout history by non-white thinkers and scholars."

When a liberal (anti-individualist) tells you to educate yourself, this is what they refer to...an education filtered through the prism of identity.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i'm sorry Mr Turing we have filled our quota of White Oxbridge types. thank you for applying to GCHQ.
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The Last Citizen)
It is one that places white, Eurocentric writers and thinkers above others without much concern.
"Sorry friends we can't teach you the periodic table, it was done by a white dude"
"Categorical imperative? We can't teach that in Philosophy, it was done by a white man"
"Shakespeare? Nah, crap writer, he was too white."

????
MildredMalone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do people even go to uni to learn, or do they go to moan about inconsequential things?
WhìteLiberation
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd deport all these people

They hate White people, yet masses of them come to live with us!

**** them all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (188)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (282)
50.09%
I still don't know (93)
16.52%

Watched Threads