Snowystar
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, one of the subjects I am taking is GCSE Geography and there are so many case studies that I need to know inside and out for my exams. Does anybody know the best way to learn them as it isn't very fun learning them. Thanks from Snowystar
Sorcerer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would try to put the essential facts that you need to know about the case studies as bullet points, they could go on a flash card for you to memorise.
Snowystar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sorcerer)
I would try to put the essential facts that you need to know about the case studies as bullet points, they could go on a flash card for you to memorise.
Thanks I will try it. One questions about a case study now on the Alps. How do they solve the issue with poor soils, can't find the answer online. Thanks
Sorcerer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Snowystar)
Thanks I will try it. One questions about a case study now on the Alps. How do they solve the issue with poor soils, can't find the answer online. Thanks
Animals are moved according to the seasons. In the summer cattle are taken up to the high alps to graze which allows hay to be grown on the flat land in the valley floor when the soils are at their deepest and most fertile. In winter the cattle return to the farms on the valley floor where they are kept in cattle sheds and fed the crops which were grown in the summer. Cable cars installed for tourism are now being used to transport milk Farmers also buy extra feed so that their cattle can stay on the valley floor all year long.
Snowystar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sorcerer)
Animals are moved according to the seasons. In the summer cattle are taken up to the high alps to graze which allows hay to be grown on the flat land in the valley floor when the soils are at their deepest and most fertile. In winter the cattle return to the farms on the valley floor where they are kept in cattle sheds and fed the crops which were grown in the summer. Cable cars installed for tourism are now being used to transport milk Farmers also buy extra feed so that their cattle can stay on the valley floor all year long.
Thanks so much this helped so much !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel the grades you will receive this year will be fair?

Yes I feel the grades I will receive will be fair (36)
22.36%
No, I don't feel the grades I will receive will be fair (77)
47.83%
I'm unsure (48)
29.81%

Watched Threads