The Student Room Group

when girls say "If I see you again.."

What does it mean if you go and try and chat up a random girl, she "seems" to flirt back a bit, ...but when you ask her out or ask for her number she says "If I see you again.."

I used to get this occasionally during my "PUA" days
[I was a fairly unsuccessful PUA I might add, so gave that up a long time ago]

I am thinking when a girl says this it's just a soft way of rejecting you ...and she is not expecting to bump into you again. I mean really, In a city full of 8 million people how likely is it you'll run into that person again?

I have also been told "maybe next time" too by some girls, which seems to be a variation of the "if I see you again" line
Original post by ANM775
What does it mean if you go and try and chat up a random girl, she "seems" to flirt back a bit, ...but when you ask her out or ask for her number she says "If I see you again.."

I am thinking when a girl says this it's just a soft way of rejecting you ...and she is not expecting to bump into you again. I mean really, In a city full of 8 million people how likely is it you'll run into that person again?

I have also been told "maybe next time" too by some girls, which seems to be a variation of the "if I see you again" line

Seems like rejection, feelsbadman :/
Reply 2
Original post by will'o'wisp
Seems like rejection, feelsbadman :/

One time after getting that line I decided to call the girl out on it and said "so the answer is no then? ..you're not interested?" ....and she again replied "If I see you again" ...and I tried once more asking her if it is a no ..and again she said "If I see you again"

why couldn't she just reject me properly?
I gave her enough chances.

I think it was a rejection ...but I am not 100% sure

I refuse to believe she actually thought we'd bump into each other again.
Original post by ANM775
One time after getting that line I decided to call the girl out on it and said "so the answer is no then? ..you're not interested?" ....and she again replied "If I see you again" ...and I tried once more asking her if it is a no ..and again she said "If I see you again"

why couldn't she just reject me properly?
I gave her enough chances.

I think it was a rejection ...but I am not 100% sure

I refuse to believe she actually thought we'd bump into each other again.

If she keeps doing this,(i may be wrong but...) she may be keeping you as "insurance" if she has someone else but fails.
It could be though that she's genuinely not ready and doesn't want to be with anyone right now.
The last probably option i can see is that she don't wanna hurt your feeling and just keeps leading you on with unintended effects..
Original post by ANM775

lol I've used those exact lines on a guy who was crazy about me, but I wasn't sure if I liked him that much. We ended up being good friends as he hated it every time I used those phrases
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
lol I've used those exact lines on a guy who was crazy about me, but I wasn't sure if I liked him that much. We ended up being good friends as he hated it every time I used those phrases

ok, so perhaps these girls were on the fence regarding their feeling towards to me. I did get the impression they atleast found me a bit attractive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending