The Student Room Group

Pete Doherty

Am I the only person who considers this man a complete waste of space?

Am I only the person who wonders why the man is not in prison yet? What other multiple offender who consistently breaks bail conditions is allowed to walk scot free?

Am I the only person who thinks its about time the media stop giving him so much press attention? He is like a baby, he loves the attention and it only causes him to act up - he loves flashing the Vs at press gathered outside whichever court he is ordered to be present at - no-one is interested in him - if they just ignored him and left him alone - I'm pretty sure he'd tone this whole pathetic, cliched 'sex, drugs and rock n roll' attitude he's got going on down.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I only like his style (as in fashion style), but I agree with the rest.
Reply 2
He's trying to be like the Rolling Stones were when they were getting done for drugs. Now they actually WERE cool, Doherty is just acting like a complete berk. Luckily for him, he has a damned good lawyer.
Its not so much Doherty that annoys me - its the media (obviously) and also the legal system, what an utter joke.
Reply 4
Nope OP, you're not the only person
He's filth.
To be honest I don't think anyone actually cares about Pete anymore, I know I don't. God knows why they keep bringing him up in the news.

Heck, I'm so past caring I don't give a **** if he's even got new songs out.
id like him a lot more if he showered once in a while...
Reply 7
not his biggest fan...
Reply 8
Clubber Lang
Its not so much Doherty that annoys me - its the media (obviously) and also the legal system, what an utter joke.

Exactly. I like his music though.
He's a legend, end of :cool: *points at username*
Reply 10
I like his music (or at least the lyrics - I'm not that big on some of the babyshambles tunes). I personally hope he manages to not die, and then gets back with the libertines and reunites good lyrics with good tunes.

But yes, he does manage to dodge the legal system abit ridiculously.
Reply 11
herecomestrouble
id like him a lot more if he showered once in a while...

haha gd point.
Reply 12
zillysteph
Am I the only person who considers this man a complete waste of space?

Nope, it's a fairly common, dull, stock opinion. Indeed, you'd be right at home in Daily Mail HQ.

Am I only the person who wonders why the man is not in prison yet? What other multiple offender who consistently breaks bail conditions is allowed to walk scot free?

Loads of them.

Am I the only person who thinks its about time the media stop giving him so much press attention?

I doubt he's hugely chuffed about it either.

I quite like his music and his general rambling on matters. And no, my username has nothing to do with the band he previously found himself in.
As an American, I can tell you that the Libertines and Babyshambles aren't even on our radar. I tried listening to their stuff and I don't get why they're regarded so highly across the pond. Then again, your media has a habit of proclaiming bands "greatest ever" status fairly often and the bands usually fade away and/or gain no foothold in the States. When I lived in London 11 years ago, Oasis was considered to be the "greatest band" by the media, but they had marginal succes over here and it didn't last long at all. Don't get me wrong, I like Oasis, but their hype and the hype that The Libertines had/have over there is unfounded. As far as his lyrics are concerned, they seem somewhat personal and therefore a bit nonsensical, but whatever. To each his own.
Reply 14
He's a good musician but should be in prison by now.
aristademis
As an American, I can tell you that the Libertines and Babyshambles aren't even on our radar. I tried listening to their stuff and I don't get why they're regarded so highly across the pond. Then again, your media has a habit of proclaiming bands "greatest ever" status fairly often and the bands usually fade away and/or gain no foothold in the States. When I lived in London 11 years ago, Oasis was considered to be the "greatest band" by the media, but they had marginal succes over here and it didn't last long at all. Don't get me wrong, I like Oasis, but their hype and the hype that The Libertines had/have over there is unfounded. As far as his lyrics are concerned, they seem somewhat personal and therefore a bit nonsensical, but whatever. To each his own.

I was about to ask why, in order for music to be great, it has to gain a foothold in the USA (which is arrogance of the highest caliber IMO on America's behalf) when I realised that you'd answered the question in a satisfactory manner. :smile:

In answer to the OP: Yup, he should be in a jail cell somewhere, but until he actually really does break the law and gets away with it (as opposed to only harming himself with drugs), I don't particularly care either way what he does.
Reply 16
He's a complete knob, he would be no where if he didnt get in to these situations. Half the world wouldnt have even heard of him. He has 15 previous arrests ranging from assault, class A drug possession, driving whilst intoxicated, driving without a license... the list is endless and I think if he keeps getting away with this sort of behavior he will kill somebody soon. Drugs and cars dont mix.
i think he should be remembered for his musical talents, despite what an obvious lost case he really is.
Reply 18
The boy needs help and he needs to help himself. :smile:

"cornered the boy kicked out at the world...the world kicked back
alot ****in' harder now"
He has become old news know. I mean c'mon, who cares anymore?! :s-smilie: Why even broadcast his case? Legal technicality my arse, just jail the damn druggy! He's already been arrested 15 times in the last 2 years!!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending