The Student Room Group

Joint Honours: Politics and English?

I'm thinking about which subject to study at university and I'm stuck between English Literature or Politics.
The university that I want to go to (Queen's University Belfast) offers both as separate single honours or a joint honours.

I know a lot of this depends on the university, but: are joint honours degrees a lot harder? Are they seen less favourably by employers? Is it difficult to balance two subjects? Is there anything else I should know about joint degrees?
Original post by rflxvvrbs
I'm thinking about which subject to study at university and I'm stuck between English Literature or Politics.
The university that I want to go to (Queen's University Belfast) offers both as separate single honours or a joint honours.

I know a lot of this depends on the university, but: are joint honours degrees a lot harder? Are they seen less favourably by employers? Is it difficult to balance two subjects? Is there anything else I should know about joint degrees?

The only reason it might be harder is if you had different essay styles for the two subjects and had to adapt to that. No idea if thats the case though. For the subjects you've mentioned, employers won't give a monkeys.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending