Opinions on virginity

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey! I'm just curious, as a female almost 18 year old virgin, what peoples views are on the matter.
So, would it prevent you being with someone if they were?
Do you think virginity should preserved? If so, till when?
Would you want your partner to be a virgin when you get together?
Or any thoughts you have on the matter
Metalfros
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
18 and proudly virgin. And no, it is not because I never had a girlfriend, I just don't want to have sex yet.
MrsSheldonCooper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think virginity should be preserved for when you actually feel ready to lose it. Some people lose it nowadays because of peer pressure or whatever and end up regretting it. You only lose your v plates once so might as well make sure you won't hate yourself after.
serah.exe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
haven't lost my virginity because i never lose
Lord Samosa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Some people have no choice in being able to lose their virginity.

*wipes tear*
user 42005
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think most people won't care at all whether you're a virgin or not. Just lose it whenever you feel ready. Don't feel peer-pressured into having sex before you're ready, but equally don't wait longer than you wish to due to some false perception that virginity is some sort of sanctified attribute. It really doesn't matter whatsoever, so just listen to your body.
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey! I'm just curious, as a female almost 18 year old virgin, what peoples views are on the matter.
  1. No.
  2. Yes; until you're with a person you want to have meaningful sex with or until the moment feels right.
  3. Not too bothered.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No.
Do you think virginity should preserved?
No.
I do not care.

Why is it a big deal?
Smack
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My view is that virginity is a relic of times gone by, when special considerations had to be taken of PIV sex due to the pregnancy issue. Nowadays I do not see it's relevance, especially when it is used as synonymous with overall sexual experience. It is ridiculous to suggest that couples who engage in oral and anal sex, but not PIV (for whatever reasons, e.g. homosexual couples who do not do own a set of interlocking genitals) are still "virginal".

I think it is up to the person to decide when, and who, they have sex with. Some people are going to have their first time sex with a casual partner, or even a one-time partner, and others are going to do it in a relationship. There is no right or wrong way to go about it.
ddrrzzeerr
Badges: 17
Report 4 years ago
It wouldn't really bother me either way. It would only be a problem if she wanted to keep me waiting a long time. I couldn't deal with waiting until marriage for example.
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. No. Don't care.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I honestly don't care. I think it's a concept that people overthink; it just means that someone has not met someone they want to have sex with yet. And that's fine. I lost mine in a ONS when I was 20 and it felt like the right time/place/person even though 'love' was not involved.
FaceofAnonymity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The old facts are often proven true in time:

http://www.medicaldaily.com/dna-sper...fspring-305934

Also statistics regarding numbers of sexual relationships before marriage and success/happiness in that marriage. The thing is, it is an ideal to not lose your virginity before marriage, but almost never going to be achieved. However, if you are a virgin girl, don't follow the herd on the promiscuity front.

Your body is a temple. I'm not just saying that for some m'lady points, but you should have enough self-respect not to have to ask how quickly you should be losing your virginity. The real question following from that is when you should be looking at settling down and having children. To do that successfully you should give yourself the best chances of finding a decent fella. That means not taking the first step down the hedonistic route.

To answer those questions, I would not be with a woman who has slept outside their race and with more than 2 (given their age at this point). Like I said, the ideal is 0 but there's not much chastity going on these days.

tldr; losing virginity for the sake of it is stupid and diminishes your life prospects.
Cll_ws
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's something people think about until they're about 18/19, mostly because of the pressure of being surrounded by other students that talk about it... and then you realise that neither you nor anybody else cares at all what age you lose/lost it.
Nirvana1989-1994
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think lose it whenever.

I don't see why anyone puts any 'value' on it, that's just weird.
username1726117
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Entirely up to the individual. Some people are happy to lose it drunk, others prefer to wait for someone else. There's nothing "special" about it other than how you value you it. My personal opinion is that it's ideal and much better to save it for someone you genuinely care about, not only because the experience is better with there being deeper emotion but also because you feel comfortable with that person.

At the end of the day, the only advice I'd give to any virgin is to do what THEY want to do. What feels right for them.
username47781
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is totally down to personal preference, in the past I have been with girls who were virgins and I have also been with ones who are not, it doesn't really matter.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago

No it wouldn't prevent me.
You should preserve it until you are ready and in love with a potential long term meaningful relationship.
Would prefer a virgin but not a deal breaker.
Keep your virginity with proud as long as possible.
Lychee628
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
PrincessBO$$ :rofl:
Livvyxo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Being a virgin wouldn't stop me from liking a person - I mean you'd only really find out once a connection was established presumably. Having said that I wouldn't WANT my partner to be a virgin, if I'm honest I would find it a little unsettling, but that's because I was 22 when I met my partner and I'd be asking the question of why they hadn't had an intimate relationship in all that time?

Losing your virginity is something that's waaaay too built up. It's like new years eve, it is never ever ever ever ever ever ever as good as you expect it to be. It's sometimes painful and always awkward, so it should be done with someone you're comfortable with. I don't even think 'love' should be a huge deciding factor. Just think - will I regret this when I'm no longer with this person and I'm 20? If the answer is no then go for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (291)
55.96%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise