Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK. So im sick of people saying if women do there hair or run their fingers through it - it means something, well not always. different body language. crossed arms. hands in pockets. hands walking and arms swinging. what's the deal with body language? - how can I spot liars at work? how do I know if a work colleague is flirting or is interested? what signs are their that women do or what signs should I make to let them know im interested? natural signs i mean. and not fake body language - a guy at worked scratches his nose a few times and excepts me to think he is telling the truth - his voice pitch changes. he looks at others ran than staring at the floor items; as its attention. i know he is lying because his stories never match, he acts different around different people - trying to fit in - so he is fake right?

sorry about my grammar etc. just a bit on a desperate string hear. i have four numbers of girls im interested in and got nothing to say over the phone with so much credit - its pathetic lol

ReputationRep:
    When I talk to boys I'm interested in I tend to touch my face a lot and look down, I guess cos I'm nervous. Obviously that is if I'm sober haha.

ReputationRep:
    so there is this girl called caroline and i have her number but go nothing to say, she touches her face alot, always sits still, does her hair alot, and looks down when talking to me. she scratches her nose sometimes and i understand why she does this. she is a nice girl, pretty, smart, she likes the cinemas and she gets bladdered on weekends but has had piss takers and cheaters. i dont want her to think im fake or a liar. i feel comfortable with her, we go out for cigs and talk and she sort of slapped me on the shoulder to sort of say "get out of here" type thing, when i told her something, as in she was like omg get out of here. so is this a sign to ring her up and ask her out

ReputationRep:
    If you have nothing to say to them why are you interested?

ReputationRep:
    I dont know what to say! I want to say I want to sleep with you.
    *and if they will go out with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k77)
    I dont know what to say! I want to say I want to sleep with you.
    *and if they will go out with me
    omg I'm not giving you any advice now.

ReputationRep:
    lol i was joking

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: right

ReputationRep:
    I want this girl at work to be my girlfriend. Its as simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    Can't you ask her casually if she wants to go out to a club or something with you? Take it from there? If she doesn't then I guess she's not that interested.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to ring just after my last spliff.

So how do I tell if my "friend" at work is chatting ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan)
    Oh noes, hes never ever gonna have a relationship with anyone now :rolleyes:

OP did you win?

ReputationRep:
    Eh? Yeah, god forbid he actually wants to sleep with the girl...:rolleyes:

Man, grab your balls for Christ's sake and just RING them.

Have high energy when you ring..

You: Hey! It's k77, that's <girl> right?

Girl: Yeap, hey k77

You: Awesome, what've ya been up to hun, owt exciting?

Girl: nah just been shopping darling, you?

You: aye well I went into town today for some bits and bobs, some pink fluffy boxers and all that, it was pretty busy, and anyway I was walking past starbucks and I thought hey, it'd be pretty cool to hang out with <girl> and grab a coffee some time soon. Are you free tomorrow at 1?

Girl: yeah, awesome! I'd love to.

You: sweet

[ETC]

What's hard about that? Then you could just stray into a convo about coronation street before hanging up or just tell the darling you'll see her at 1...

..shauny

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter if your friend at work is 'chatting skit?' My friends chat about crap a lot, do i care? YES, TO THE POINT OF OBSESSION! Just forget it and move on. What are you going to gain from confronting your 'friend' and saying that you know he/she/it is lying? Well, it might feed your ego that you're this hugely perceptive human lie detector, but you can't tell anybody, they'd just laugh at you (well i would).

I never really believed in body language until a party i went to recently. Someone i knew made a beeline for me and came over and started chatting. She started getting nearer and nearer to me, generally getting into my personal space. She started touching my subtly, lots of eye contact, smiling, laughing at really un-funny things, and basically, cornering me. I was drunk, i thought for a moment that she liked me, then i dismissed it for me being drunk. An hour later and things got a bit more intimate. I think theres a good chance that she really likes me, so bodylanguage works. Or maybe she just wanted to take advantage of a drunk guy? Blokes do it all the time with girls? Why not girls with guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shauny)
    Eh? Yeah, god forbid he actually wants to sleep with the girl...:rolleyes:

Man, grab your balls for Christ's sake and just RING them.

Have high energy when you ring..

You: Hey! It's k77, that's <girl> right?

Girl: Yeap, hey k77

You: Awesome, what've ya been up to hun, owt exciting?

Girl: nah just been shopping darling, you?

You: aye well I went into town today for some bits and bobs, some pink fluffy boxers and all that, it was pretty busy, and anyway I was walking past starbucks and I thought hey, it'd be pretty cool to hang out with <girl> and grab a coffee some time soon. Are you free tomorrow at 1?

Girl: yeah, awesome! I'd love to.

You: sweet

[ETC]

What's hard about that? Then you could just stray into a convo about coronation street before hanging up or just tell the darling you'll see her at 1...

..shauny
    dont say hun

ReputationRep:
    dont say hun
    Well whatever, but ultimately it's not gonna make any difference to whether she accepts the offer or not..She probably already knows whether she likes him or not..And he's not (i.e. hopefully) gonna just copy this word for word is he

..shauny

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.