Ouchhh Watch

stainedglass
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
A few months ago I walked into someone in a club and managed to hit her shoulder in such a way that I broke a good part off one of my front teeth. It managed to hit the nerve and although I've had it capped since, I haven't been able to drink anything without a straw, even if it's room temperature.

I'm going to the dentist next week to have the nerve removed before I go back to uni because it's getting bloody annoying having to use a straw everytime I want to drink. Even biting into a sandwich hurts...:rolleyes:

I'm scared about having the nerve removed though, has anyone been through anything similar??
Tickety Boo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Owww...I can't say I have experienced anything like that, but I feel really sorry for you about that. Especially since you have put-up with the pain for a long time. I hope your tooth gets better!
Redefined
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do you mean a root canal?

I have the same problem, my front tooth was chipped when I was younger and I had a cap fitted when I was 16. However, nearly 10 years down the line and drinking hot/cold stuff would be painfull. I didn't know if it was my capped tooth or the one just next to it. Anyway, the dentist decided to do a root canal on my un-capped tooth - it was erm, how can I put this, hmm, err, 'ify'.

Unluckily for me though, the pain is still there albeit a subsided pain, so i'm going to leave it. Otherwise i'd had to have my cap removed and another root canal done >.<
yellow96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I ****ed up the nerve in my front tooth about five years ago (by hitting it on pebbles whilst drunk), and it all but died. I know that the pain when I drink tea sometimes, which is caused by the remaining life in the nerve, is far less pleasant than the highly noticable numbness there most of the time. Having no nerve sensation isn't nice, but it's not really the end of the world. The only problem you may have is lack of bloodflow making your tooth look purple, but I'm sure having a cap would remedy that.
A SoapBubble
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if you managed to knock off part of your tooth, what the heck did her shoulder look like afterwards??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1497)
79.59%
Leave (384)
20.41%

Watched Threads