Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you carry it in, if u wanna take it to uni one day?-a large handbag or do u have a laptop bag-because for the life of me i cant find a nice one for a 17inch

ReputationRep:
    Just get a normal laptop bag and carry a nice handbag for your other stuff too. You could always make it prettier looking. I wouldn't trust any of my bags not to bash my laptop around, and if it's obviously a laptop bag then you're completely excused from it not being beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    I just have a plain black laptop bag. Im not really fussed about it looking nice or pretty though.
    If I was going to jazz it up id probably buy a couple of badge/broach type things for it.

ReputationRep:
    My laptop (DSA) came with a laptop bag that has space for books aswell so it great for taking it to uni. Places like PC World sell laptop bags.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a lovely knomo one that my dad got me for my birthday. http://www.knomobags.com. Its even got a tracking number inside so you can find it if you lose it. I've got the red quilted one

ReputationRep:
    Oooh red laptop bag is pretty, I think that the only fault is that it makes it mroe of a target for thieves - non?

But I need a nice squishy laptop bag for Uni as I'm scared about moving it from Liverpool to Durham and it breaking/smashing/dying/all the above in transit

EDIT: Damn - they're expensive.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a really nice rucksack laptop bag. I do look like a bit of a geek wearing it around, but it's more comfortable than a one strap messenger bag style one tugging at your shoulder - also my Dad told me to get it because it looks less like you're carriyng around a laptop and therefore less likely to get mugged when I get the train or something.

ReputationRep:
    This is the same problem guys have with their 17 inch 'lap'. Where do they put it?

ReputationRep:
    My mum got me an A&F bag yonks ago (kinda like this) that i use for my laptop, can also shove a folder and some books in it and isn't too heavy!!

For travelling though, i've got a normal black one that keeps everything safe - something like this! For a pretty one, i really want one of these 15" though...

-x-

ReputationRep:
    laptop bag

ReputationRep:
    Get a sleeve and then put it in a nice, chunky handbag.

Or just get a regular laptop bag/rucksack and don't worry about looking sexy.

Surely Google will find you summut if you input "laptop bag 17inch" or something?

ReputationRep:
    Buy one of those foam sleeves and stick it in a normal big bag.

ReputationRep:
    My Macbook (gee I love saying that! VV proud of my Mac) came with a padded sleeve sort thing. I put it inside my massive flowery backpack and carry it around like that. No scratches, no sore shoulders from messenger bags!

ReputationRep:
    i have a sleeve but not a big enough handbag.

ReputationRep:
    there are some great ones on this website http://www.laptopstuff.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    17" Macbook Pro?

http://wrappers.typepad.com/macbookprosleeves/

ReputationRep:
    Either put the laptop in a padded sleeve and then into a normal bag, or get a special laptop bag. Make sure that the bag doesn't scream "Look! I'm carrying a laptop!", unless you want to risk getting it stolen.
    If you're going to use a normal bag, then make sure that it's comfortable enough to carry, considering the weight of the laptop.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.laptopstuff.co.uk/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.