The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I hope you've received the orientation details for parents by now. It has various activities for the parents but there is a talk about student finance by Martin Lewis (who went to LSE) where we are also invited.

I thought perhaps if anyone is intending to go to the Martin Lewis lecture and then find themself at a loose end (waiting for parents who are going to the other activities later on) then we could meet up. It's on 27 Sept.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Zazu300
I hope you've received the orientation details for parents by now. It has various activities for the parents but there is a talk about student finance by Martin Lewis (who went to LSE) where we are also invited.

I thought perhaps if anyone is intending to go to the Martin Lewis lecture and then find themself at a loose end (waiting for parents who are going to the other activities later on) then we could meet up. It's on 27 Sept.

I haven't got it yet; could you please summarise the parents' orientation for us please?

Thanks.
Reply 82
korektphool
I haven't got it yet; could you please summarise the parents' orientation for us please?

Thanks.

"Don't worry, your kids will be fine"
tourist
"Don't worry, your kids will be fine"

:lolz:
I got that Parents pack a couple of days ago. I'll be working on the 27th so I don't think I'll be able to make it but I think my parents are planning on going on the events planned for them.
Reply 85
The parents have been invited to a cocktail reception in St John's Wood the night before and then on 27 there will be a welcome reception (in an LSE building) following by tours, talks etc. There is also a debate in the afternoon with a panel from LSE and (if I can remember because I don't have the paper with me) a drinks reception the round it off.

If you are overseas, then it will take longer for the details to arrive. It might also be more difficult if your parents aren't be living here.
It all seems like a good idea - even if it is just to say "your kids will be fine" then that is bound to be comforting for them!

Anyhow, my posting was so that if anyone is going into town on that day (to attend the Martin Lewis lecture - around mid-day) then perhaps a TSR meet up could be arranged in the afternoon?
Reply 86
So when is this meet up going to be? Personally I think the Pub Quiz is the best time to meet up.
Reply 87
naddles
So when is this meet up going to be? Personally I think the Pub Quiz is the best time to meet up.

Yes, I'm all for the pub quiz. When is that?

I though the parents' day might be a good idea in case some of us were there anyway, hanging around waiting.....Oh yes, I thought could also go to the zoo and then......(joking, of course!!!!!)
Reply 88
I'm not sure if my parents have looked at the parents pack yet...I doubt they'll go if it's on a weekday though.
Reply 89
Zazu300
The parents have been invited to a cocktail reception in St John's Wood the night before and then on 27 there will be a welcome reception (in an LSE building) following by tours, talks etc. There is also a debate in the afternoon with a panel from LSE and (if I can remember because I don't have the paper with me) a drinks reception the round it off.

If you are overseas, then it will take longer for the details to arrive. It might also be more difficult if your parents aren't be living here.
It all seems like a good idea - even if it is just to say "your kids will be fine" then that is bound to be comforting for them!

Anyhow, my posting was so that if anyone is going into town on that day (to attend the Martin Lewis lecture - around mid-day) then perhaps a TSR meet up could be arranged in the afternoon?

are the students invited/allowed to the parents' events- like the reception etc?
Reply 90
Folks, everyone should now be able to activate their IT accounts (and email addresses) by visiting https://selfreg.lse.ac.uk. I just did! :biggrin:
Reply 91
Knogle
Folks, everyone should now be able to activate their IT accounts (and email addresses) by visiting http://selfreg.lse.ac.uk. I just did! :biggrin:

Connection timed out! LOL seems like everyone is trying to activate their accounts now :smile:
Reply 92
shadowfax
Connection timed out! LOL seems like everyone is trying to activate their accounts now :smile:

Try again now. :smile:
Reply 93
Knogle
Try again now. :smile:

Woohoo I got it!! I went to this link http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/undergraduateAdmissions/information%20for%20offer%20holders/welcome_pack/activate_your_it_account.htm
and followed the selfreg link from there. YAY!!!
Reply 94
shadowfax

Ah, I know why. The link I originally posted above was a http link. The site can only be accessed through secure means, i.e. https. I've fixed my link now. :smile:
Reply 95
So I can join LSE network on facebook by using the email address now?
Reply 96
oh yes, LSE networked.

But still no welcome pack...
Reply 97
Wai``Hou!
So I can join LSE network on facebook by using the email address now?

yes you can :biggrin:
thats the first thing i did after getting my email..
Reply 98
Yay just joined the network! :biggrin:
Reply 99
Can you see anything on LSE For You? Mine is just a blank page.

Latest

Trending

Trending