Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowfax)
    Can you see anything on LSE For You? Mine is just a blank page.
    Likewise. Can't get into WebCT either.

ReputationRep:
    Woot! Got my e-mail!

(They're fussy about passwords!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Likewise. Can't get into WebCT either.
    Am guessing that LSE for you will be updated sept 10th onwards..

ReputationRep:
    izzit possible to change ur email name, if ur nt happy with it?

mine got a - coz I have 2 last names

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshvinder)
    izzit possible to change ur email name, if ur nt happy with it?

mine got a - coz I have 2 last names
    Doubt it. https://lfylive.lse.ac.uk/lfy/tc/enq...&searchString=.

ReputationRep:
    are you meant to do anything after you've accessed your email and set up te IT account?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonds_glitter_trauma_tears)
    are you meant to do anything after you've accessed your email and set up te IT account?
    E-mail people? Join the LSE network on Facebook? Dance around?

ReputationRep:
    haha. i wasnt sure whether there was something else i was meant to do

ReputationRep:
    When I activated my IT account it said there was an "error on page" and only showed me my e-mail details and not the network username :mad: So i can't actually access my e-mail... Can anyone please explain what does their username contain e.g. forename followed by surname (didn't work!!) etc. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CuaHa)
    When I activated my IT account it said there was an "error on page" and only showed me my e-mail details and not the network username :mad: So i can't actually access my e-mail... Can anyone please explain what does their username contain e.g. forename followed by surname (didn't work!!) etc. :confused:
    My email is [First letter of first name].[Last name]@lse.ac.uk

and the username is just my last name

ReputationRep:
    Hm...My email was the same as yours with the addition of "1" after my last name and yet when I tried using my last name or last name+1 for username it wouldn't work. I guess I'll have to wait untill registration day and go to the IT desk Thanks a lot for trying to help korektphool

ReputationRep:
    My username is [last name][first initial of first name]

and my e-mail is [first initial of first name].[last name] @ lse.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    Ok I officially give up! I tried all combinations of first and last names and letters and that seemingly pointless number 1 and it just won't let me in I guess they're having second thoughts about giving me an offer lol... Thanks anyway !!

ReputationRep:
    my username is the 1st 8 letters of my lastname ,.,.,. try tat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CuaHa)
    Hm...My email was the same as yours with the addition of "1" after my last name and yet when I tried using my last name or last name+1 for username it wouldn't work. I guess I'll have to wait untill registration day and go to the IT desk Thanks a lot for trying to help korektphool
    yeah as joshvinder said, if ur last name is longer than 8 letters, your username is usually just the first 8 letters of ur last name...try that maybe?

ReputationRep:
    My surname is exactly 8 letters and it didn't work using it as a username on its own. I'm baffled...The password is the same as the one you set for you e-mail right? I just can't think of anything else that might be wrong...

ReputationRep:
    I have a blank screen as well - i don;t suppose this is a cause for concern, otherwise, i'd click on the Report Problems tab

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vasehedar)
    I have a blank screen as well - i don;t suppose this is a cause for concern, otherwise, i'd click on the Report Problems tab
    My screen is pretty much blank, just has the LSE for you logo, logout problem and not much else. I think we have to wait till mid September to use it.

I thought there was a problem with my email addy but it's all good now. I can join the LSE network on facebook now lol. Can't believe I'll be starting at LSE in the next few weeks, it's so exciting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CuaHa)
    My surname is exactly 8 letters and it didn't work using it as a username on its own. I'm baffled...The password is the same as the one you set for you e-mail right? I just can't think of anything else that might be wrong...
    You'll probably need IT Services to fix you up. Not sure if they'll help you over the phone, but they certainly can once you're at the LSE.

ReputationRep:
    does LSE start later than other unis cos all my friends are leaving for uni on about the 14th September

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.