Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think it does, two of my friends are going to KCL and Newcastle on the 22nd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonds_glitter_trauma_tears)
    does LSE start later than other unis cos all my friends are leaving for uni on about the 14th September
    yes, alot of unis start earlier

those of us whoare there from the 23rd could perhaps go to some UCL and KCL freshers parties

ReputationRep:
    Yes the LSE starts late, along with Oxbridge. Not sure about Imperial. But most universities start earlier than we do.

ReputationRep:
    so what exactly is the fresher's ball? and when? Is it some kind of a formal fress thing.. I have no idea, havnt received my welcome pack. and in general, are non LSE students allowed to go to the freshers events. e.g, can we bring friends along?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychadelicTreeHugger)
    so what exactly is the fresher's ball? and when? Is it some kind of a formal fress thing.. I have no idea, havnt received my welcome pack. and in general, are non LSE students allowed to go to the freshers events. e.g, can we bring friends along?
    Pretty sure tons of students from around London crash LSE parties without a problem.

ReputationRep:
    good question, whats the form on fresher's ball... black tie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Pretty sure tons of students from around London crash LSE parties without a problem.
    This is definately true (from what I have heard) of other parties but I believe that the Freshers Ball is restricted to LSE Freshers (check Facebook).

Cuth: I am certain its Black Tie, or so the Facebook event suggests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Always happens!:p:

ReputationRep:
    when do we start buying tickets?

ReputationRep:
    Is the Freshers' Ball usually a "civilised" affair or does it usually degenerate into a dressy piss up?

ReputationRep:
    It depends if you have a friend at a nearby hall. If not then enjoy the walk / taxi ride! You've gotta sleep somewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishface)
    Is the Freshers' Ball usually a "civilised" affair or does it usually degenerate into a dressy piss up?
    Freshers Ball is new this year so we'll have to see!:p:

ReputationRep:
    how formal is the freshers ball? do you need a full-length formal dress or is quite a casual cocktail dress ok?

ReputationRep:
    I have a cocktail dress.

Yes I did buy my dress already...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tourist)
    I have a cocktail dress.

Yes I did buy my dress already...
    haha yay, im not the only one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonds_glitter_trauma_tears)
    just wondering, how do people normally go back to their halls after a night out? im in canterbury hall so there prob won't be many people walking back there after lse events.
    I was wondering about this as well....I suppose lots of people feel the same way and maybe arrangements could be made in advance. If you couldn't travel back to your hall with someone then I'm sure it would be possible to just sleep over at one of the LSE halls (if it was such a late night then the sleep over would only be a few hours anyhow). It would certainly make the evening more enjoyable if there wasn't the worry of being left alone in the middle of London in the early hours!!!

Anyone know when law reading week is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zazu300)
    I was wondering about this as well....I suppose lots of people feel the same way and maybe arrangements could be made in advance. If you couldn't travel back to your hall with someone then I'm sure it would be possible to just sleep over at one of the LSE halls (if it was such a late night then the sleep over would only be a few hours anyhow). It would certainly make the evening more enjoyable if there wasn't the worry of being left alone in the middle of London in the early hours!!!

Anyone know when law reading week is?
    That’s exactly what most people do As for the reading week I think its during February

ReputationRep:
    * Free self-defence workshops - in halls and on campus, announcements for an extended night bus route to intercollegiate halls during Crush - simple steps to improve your safety.

The womens officer ran on the promise of a night bus from crush. Might be worth you pursueing her and finding out what she is actually doing about it if your worried about safety.

ReputationRep:
    LSE For You is now working.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.