The Student Room Group

Someone help me please :(

I found out my boyfriend was trying to make his ex girlfriend jealous. Major shock.

Then I find out, his sister cousin (one close cousin) and another girlfriend are still friends with his ex girlfriend on facebook and keep contact.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care much for social media but I just find it weird they're still in contact with his ex girlfriend.

Recently, his cousin liked quite a few posts on her facebook so she did the same. I think this stems from the fact my boyfriend is trying to make me jealous so therefore I think he talks to his cousin about her, hence why she likes her posts etc. She doesn't like her other cousins ex girlfriends posts. So weird.

I think my boyfriend is trying to get back together with his ex girlfriend. What do you think or am I making a big deal over nothing?
Could be nothing. Could be something. Maybe his cousin was genuine friends with his ex so they stayed in contact. Just ask him if he's still into his ex. How long ago did he break up with her?
Reply 2
Original post by DabThruALevels
Could be nothing. Could be something. Maybe his cousin was genuine friends with his ex so they stayed in contact. Just ask him if he's still into his ex. How long ago did he break up with her?

I could understand that, but he's also recently tried to make her jealous. (A week ago)

He broke up with her two years ago, but he wanted to reconcile last year in September/October but broke it off because his parents don't approve of her. He was also in a relationship at that time (18 months), during that point he's tried to reconcile with her two times. I'm afraid he's tried already without me knowing.

I just have a gut instinct that something fishy is going on.
Original post by Anonymous
I could understand that, but he's also recently tried to make her jealous. (A week ago)

He broke up with her two years ago, but he wanted to reconcile last year in September/October but broke it off because his parents don't approve of her. He was also in a relationship at that time (18 months), during that point he's tried to reconcile with her two times. I'm afraid he's tried already without me knowing.

I just have a gut instinct that something fishy is going on.

So he was in an 18 month relationship with someone else and still tried to get back with this other girl? Yeah i wouldnt trust this dude if I were you. I mean it's one thing if he's trying to make amends but it's another if he's not over her. You gotta get him to be straight with you. Last thing you want is to be serious with a guy who could be using you as a rebound.
Reply 4
So he was in an 18 month relationship with someone else and still tried to get back with this other girl? Yeah i wouldnt trust this dude if I were you. I mean it's one thing if he's trying to make amends but it's another if he's not over her. You gotta get him to be straight with you. Last thing you want is to be serious with a guy who could be using you as a rebound.

Yes, he tried twice reconnecting to her but he was too scared to stand up to his family.

It's quite shocking how some rebounds last, nothing I can do I guess.
No not a lot you can do, it is his life and his decision. I feel sorry for anyone he hurts though.
Reply 6
Original post by Rock Fan
No not a lot you can do, it is his life and his decision. I feel sorry for anyone he hurts though.

I just think he's obsessed with her, we've been together for a year and she's done nothing to interfere in our relationship. She has his family on social media throughout this time.

I think he just wants a reaction out of her so he can reconcile with her.
Yes, he tried twice reconnecting to her but he was too scared to stand up to his family.

It's quite shocking how some rebounds last, nothing I can do I guess.

Sorry about your situation tbh it must be a horrible feeling. But from what you've said, this is reality: the only thing standing between him and her is his that he's too much of a wimp to stand up to his family. He hasn't even considered you in this whole situation. Or maybe he has idk but i say you should just leave his sorry arse because you don't deserve to be in a relationship where he's stringing you along.
Reply 8
Sorry about your situation tbh it must be a horrible feeling. But from what you've said, this is reality: the only thing standing between him and her is his that he's too much of a wimp to stand up to his family. He hasn't even considered you in this whole situation. Or maybe he has idk but i say you should just leave his sorry arse because you don't deserve to be in a relationship where he's stringing you along.

So you think he's still in love with his ex girlfriend and wants to reconcile?

This is truly heart breaking, since I've been with him for a year now :frown:
So you think he's still in love with his ex girlfriend and wants to reconcile?

This is truly heart breaking, since I've been with him for a year now :frown:

Idk i mean if they were happy together and they only broke up bc of his family then it's possible he still loves her. But then again he might just miss the memories he had wit her and wants to see if she's doing okay. But either way he's connecting with a girl other than you and its behind your back. You need to work out whether you trust him, especially around her. I know its hard and heart breaking honey but you really gotta talk to him and work out whats best for you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Idk i mean if they were happy together and they only broke up bc of his family then it's possible he still loves her. But then again he might just miss the memories he had wit her and wants to see if she's doing okay. But either way he's connecting with a girl other than you and its behind your back. You need to work out whether you trust him, especially around her. I know its hard and heart realing honey but you really gotta talk to him and work out whats best for you.

Yeah, they just broke up because of his family. They were together for 3 years.
Yeah, they just broke up because of his family. They were together for 3 years.

Then just brace yourself because it might be a bad outcome for you :frown: I genuinely wish i could say "you're worrying for nothing, your relationship sounds stable" but if you're having doubts about him, then follow your instincts and find out what's really going on. Just say it to him straight. And if he stutters, you know what it means.
Probably making a big deal over nothing if I'm being honest.
You should follow your instincts. It sounds something is pretty off... There are plenty of good guys out there that will love you for you. He shouldn't be making anyone feel jealous on purpose, it just screams duck boy with an f lol

Latest

Trending

Trending