The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone? :P
Hi, I have applied to HKU via fast track two weeks ago. How about you? Did you apply via fast track or main round?
Do you think I will even get a chance getting invited to do an interview with my 4As and 1B?
Hey yeah even i applied fast track i was just wondering when do they usually give out interviews for fast track and when are they usually held?
I applied for the main round! Or actually I haven't, I'm in the process of :-)
I've applied for fast track, till now i still havent received any call.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hey guys! I am on the same boat, I applied through fast track for both HKU and CUHK. May I ask what you's are all applying with? :smile:
Original post by daisyclouds
Hey guys! I am on the same boat, I applied through fast track for both HKU and CUHK. May I ask what you's are all applying with? :smile:

7A* 1A IGCSE
4A AS
You?
Reply 9
Original post by Willandy123
7A* 1A IGCSE
4A AS
You?

Thats good results! :smile: I am applying as a degree holder :P

How should I choose a referee?
The referee should be able to comment in detail your academic ability and suitability for the study programme(s) being applied for.

taken from https://www.med.hku.hk/teaching-and-learning/undergraduates-studies/undergraduate-admissions/mbbs

does this mean that i can only "nominate" teachers as my referee(s)?
Also, on the application section, under "Current studies": because i am currently on a gap year, do i just go on to fill in the blanks as "others" and leave the study details blank?

would appreciate any input! TIA xx
Original post by demandsupply

How should I choose a referee?
The referee should be able to comment in detail your academic ability and suitability for the study programme(s) being applied for.

taken from https://www.med.hku.hk/teaching-and-learning/undergraduates-studies/undergraduate-admissions/mbbs

does this mean that i can only "nominate" teachers as my referee(s)?

It would be preferably your teacher/lecture/supervisor because they are the ones who would have taught you and can make any sort of comment on your academic ability. Did you have someone in mind that isn't a teacher?

Also, on the application section, under "Current studies": because i am currently on a gap year, do i just go on to fill in the blanks as "others" and leave the study details blank?

would appreciate any input! TIA xx

Current studies would be what you're doing right now. When you say gap year, do you mean you have already achieved grades and just wanted to take a year out to do anything?
Original post by karishma behera
Hey yeah even i applied fast track i was just wondering when do they usually give out interviews for fast track and when are they usually held?

I am not sure when they give out interviews, but judging from past threads it's around early/middle December and if not, that may indicate we are pooled into the main round!
It would be preferably your teacher/lecture/supervisor because they are the ones who would have taught you and can make any sort of comment on your academic ability. Did you have someone in mind that isn't a teacher?

Current studies would be what you're doing right now. When you say gap year, do you mean you have already achieved grades and just wanted to take a year out to do anything?

Yes.. i'm thinking of asking this doctor who i have worked for. but she can't comment on my academic ability..

and yes i have :smile: i completed my a levels last year actually! i understand that there are 2 segments, current studies and previous studies. i don't know where exactly to put my high school!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
What to wear for interviews? Formal wear? Or casual?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes.. i'm thinking of asking this doctor who i have worked for. but she can't comment on my academic ability..

and yes i have :smile: i completed my a levels last year actually! i understand that there are 2 segments, current studies and previous studies. i don't know where exactly to put my high school!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see! He can be your second or third reference, but on top of that you will need a teacher who has taught you as a reference as well!

That makes sense now! So you would add your studies as previous, because you have already achieved them!
What to wear for interviews? Formal wear? Or casual?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would wear formal, just because it is an interview, that's just my preference though! Did you get an interview? :smile:
I would wear formal, just because it is an interview, that's just my preference though! Did you get an interview? :smile:

Sadly no, you?
Sadly no, you?

Same, the wait is killing me! I just want to know :frown: