The Student Room Group

What would you do in this situation?

My current boyfriend is my first sexual partner. We had sex and I want to get tested. The plan was for him to go and get tested before we had sex, but it just happened .

I don't have symptoms or anything, it just seems like the sensible thing to do and I'm very paranoid. I am planning to go by myself, although I'm thinking I should suggest we go together.

My boyfriend said he knows he's clean when I suggested he got tested in the first place, although he admitted not getting tested for a long time. I still insisted he went ahead with it and he had no qualms.

He mentioned trusting his previous partners and ditching condoms at a certain point in time (he told me this after we had sex btw). I actually still feel pretty stupid about the whole thing and whilst he seemed okay after the event (probably because he's used to condomless sex), I felt very disappointed in myself.

However now we've had sex now I'm thinking he might think everything is peachy and he won't need to go.

Question: if someone has an sti is there a 100% chance that the other person will catch it if they have Unprotected sex or the condom splits? Is there any possibility it won't get passed on?
Depends on the STI. If someone has HIV then it's unlikely to be passed on from just once instance, but obviously it can happen. Bacterial infections like chlamydia and gonorrhea are pretty much guaranteed to be passed on. Other infections like HPV and herpes (when there's an active outbreak) are also extremely contagious. Why do you need him to get tested with you? Just go and get yourself tested, although be aware that infections like HIV can take up to a month before there are enough antibodies in your blood to be detected.
(edited 7 years ago)
By the way, stop having unprotected sex.
Original post by Anonymous
My current boyfriend is my first sexual partner. We had sex and I want to get tested. The plan was for him to go and get tested before we had sex, but it just happened .

I don't have symptoms or anything, it just seems like the sensible thing to do and I'm very paranoid. I am planning to go by myself, although I'm thinking I should suggest we go together.

My boyfriend said he knows he's clean when I suggested he got tested in the first place, although he admitted not getting tested for a long time. I still insisted he went ahead with it and he had no qualms.

He mentioned trusting his previous partners and ditching condoms at a certain point in time (he told me this after we had sex btw). I actually still feel pretty stupid about the whole thing and whilst he seemed okay after the event (probably because he's used to condomless sex), I felt very disappointed in myself.

However now we've had sex now I'm thinking he might think everything is peachy and he won't need to go.

Question: if someone has an sti is there a 100% chance that the other person will catch it if they have Unprotected sex or the condom splits? Is there any possibility it won't get passed on?

Get the test. Better safe than sorry.
I dont know about HIV but if u have unprotected sex once with someone who has other STDs like above you will 100% get them

If your vagina didn't burn the next day you probablydont have STDs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by coldplasma
Depends on the STI. If someone has HIV then it's unlikely to be passed on from just once instance, but obviously it can happen. Bacterial infections like chlyamydia and gonorrhea are pretty much guaranteed to be passed on. Other infections like HPV and herpes (when there's an active outbreak) are also extremely contagious. Why do you need him to get tested with you? Just go and get yourself tested, although be aware that infections like HIV can take up to a month before there are enough antibodies in your blood to be detected.

Thanks. I went to a clinic a couple weeks ago and the lady advised me to bring my boyfriend with me. I think this might have been because she thought I had previous sexual partners. I didn't realise I had to wait about two weeks to be tested for some stis and month for hiv until I enquired.
Reply 6
. I will never make this mistake again.

Original post by nerdling_CompSci
I dont know about HIV but if u have unprotected sex once with someone who has other STDs like above you will 100% get them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you

If your vagina didn't burn the next day you probablydont have STDs

What makes HIV special is that a large enough quantity of virions needs to get directly into the blood stream, which can only happen if there are microscopic tears in the skin. That's why it's technically unlikely, but considering the severity of the disease, it's not even remotely a risk worth taking.

Do you have HIV

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you have HIV

No, and if I did, why do you care?
No, and if I did, why do you care?

U seem to know alot about STDs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous

Try suing the condom manufacturer if a condom splits. :teehee:
U seem to know alot about STDs

If I were you, I would stop making idiotic presumptions about people based on their decision to educate themselves.
1. Why did you have unprotected sex without being sure he's clean?
2. FORCE him to check himself or you're never going to have unprotected sex with him again. What's his problem? If he comes positive then you should definitely treat it as if you are infected too - although it's possible you're not.
Original post by HawkEyeArcher
1. Why did you have unprotected sex without being sure he's clean?
2. FORCE him to check himself or you're never going to have unprotected sex with him again. What's his problem? If he comes positive then you should definitely treat it as if you are infected too - although it's possible you're not.

1. It just happened in the heat of the moment. I regret it all, however I can't go back in time.
2. I'm never going to have unprotected sex with him again. I have been paranoid about sex in general ever since. I think I'm going to go and get tested myself and take it from there. I don't know why... But I feel like it's too late in the day to ask him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending