The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever taken part in an escape room? Advice wanted

I am thinking of taking part in a meetup to take on ClueQuest next month, which is one of the popular escape rooms in London. Can anyone provide any advice on escape rooms based on their own experiences?

Any tips would help (without revealing too much!)

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fredo22
I am thinking of taking part in a meetup to take on ClueQuest next month, which is one of the popular escape rooms in London. Can anyone provide any advice on escape rooms based on their own experiences?

Oooooh, sign me up to that, please! :biggrin:
Reply 2
I think you can sign up by going to the page.

Should be fun though!

Spoiler

I went to ClueQuest (London) with UCL Investigates Summer School and it was fairly easy. You can't prepare for it as it's based on how you think. It's fun though but somewhat childish as you're trying to save the world from a mastermind sheep :h:
Reply 4
Original post by drriversong
I went to ClueQuest (London) with UCL Investigates Summer School and it was fairly easy. You can't prepare for it as it's based on how you think. It's fun though but somewhat childish as you're trying to save the world from a mastermind sheep :h:

"fairly easy"
My group never finished :frown:
Reply 5

I've heard a lot of teams do not actually finish. Was it because you were part of the elite UCL masterminds that you found it easy?
i went for my birthday this year with a couple of friends...

we couldn't get out XD

had to keep asking the people for hints

i guess if you're into puzzles and mystery its good
Reply 7
Hahahaha yes I hear you can get hints regularly which help. Did you enjoy it?
Reply 8
I've been to a couple of the Manchester escape rooms. Good fun.

Haven't failed yet.

Only tip is to fully search the room. Head to toe, every nook and cranny. Everything you need is there, you've just got to find it.
Reply 9
The task can vary, even if you go to the same place as another group. So even if you know what someone else got, it doesn't mean you'll get the same.

I've heard that some tasks are easy, and others are very hard.
Reply 10
Original post by Drewski
I've been to a couple of the Manchester escape rooms. Good fun.

Haven't failed yet.

Only tip is to fully search the room. Head to toe, every nook and cranny. Everything you need is there, you've just got to find it.

Thanks Drewski! I will keep an eye out and turn the room upside down for clues :danceboy:
Reply 11
Original post by Juno
The task can vary, even if you go to the same place as another group. So even if you know what someone else got, it doesn't mean you'll get the same.

I've heard that some tasks are easy, and others are very hard.

Ditto this. Some companies put a difficulty level on each room but I guess it does depend on the participants.
Do it! It's sooo much fun. I went to one for the first time last weekend with my family and we actually finished with a quite good time :smile: Don't overthink and over complicate things! I tend to do that quite a lot 🙃 Look for clues hidden in small details. If you can't solve a puzzle, don't get stuck trying to solve it. Wait for a bit, it could be the case that you're still missing a clue/ thing with which it'll be solvable 😜😜🤗 But the best advice: just go in there and have fun!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fredo22

Hmm.. tips ey?
I guess the most important tip is that

Spoiler

Good luck :, ) be smart, I guess. Haha.
Original post by Zeumryn
"fairly easy"
My group never finished :frown:

Did you do it again with your second summer school?
Original post by fredo22
Hahahaha yes I hear you can get hints regularly which help. Did you enjoy it?

yeah i did :smile:
Reply 17
Did you do it again with your second summer school?

Surprisingly not - we did most of the same things like going to the theatre and on a river cruise but it wasn't as long so I think we avoided that
Original post by Zeumryn
Surprisingly not - we did most of the same things like going to the theatre and on a river cruise but it wasn't as long so I think we avoided that

I hope you didn't have to watch the same show twice!
Reply 19
I hope you didn't have to watch the same show twice!

We got to see the Lion King <3 It was excellent!

Quick Reply

Latest