Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Get folders and folder dividers etc. They come in handy, believe me.

ReputationRep:
    Stationary tends to bring out the obsessive compulsive side of people doesn't it? Just a question to everyone who's done AS...do you think it's alright to just take a leverarch in everyday and then divide them up at home into different different lever arches by subject every half term or something? I'm going to have to go into London everyday so I don't wanna carry too much so was wondering whether I'd get away with just one leverarch...

ReputationRep:
    ^ That's pretty much what I do, so yeah.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    With me, I have a different lever arch folder for every subject with dividers for each module. This means that I can constantly reference previous work. For History I had to have one lever arch per module because the pages of notes couldn't all fit in one folder!

I went to WH Smiths and Paperchase and spent around £25 on stationary. I only bought one folder as I had REALLY cute Laura Ashley folders from last year which I bought in around July.

The only things I need to buy now is perhaps a new calculator (I love my current one, but it's 6 years old and no one can use it except me as all the numbers have rubbed off) and some dividers. I may invest in some sort of filling folder to store all the letters they give me.

Gosh, I'm way too excited about all this.

ReputationRep:
    I get far too excited and obsessive about stationary too....the rubbish thing is it costs me loads of money. Not just at the start of the year but all the way through

I still <3 stationary mind. Stationary shopping is like the best thing ever

ReputationRep:
    I spent £36. Ohhhhhhhhhh dear.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't kick myself into starting my GCSE revision so I went on a stationary outing to entice myself. My amazing, fantastic, fabulous, (rather expensive) felt-tips were only to be used for revision purposes; soon, making spider diagrams about rocks etc became very exciting!

ReputationRep:
    good luck
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by her-own-wings)
    I spent £36. Ohhhhhhhhhh dear.
    :rofl:

Excellent. I know I'm going to university, but **** it, I'm gonna do the same.

ReputationRep:
    AisAis, I did the same, haha! Science revision was FAB with pink marker pens and the like! I only have my pink marker pens to thank for my B/B grade, lol.

ReputationRep:
    I have spent £10ish on stationary already... still got much more to buy... eek. I am just so in love with stationary.

ReputationRep:
    I can spend up to the region of 45 minutes in hobby craft ! being a design student you have to have the best gear. I have 4 different mechanical pencils 0.5, 0.7 and 0.9 then another which is my best "all rounder"

I hate lending my things to people as they don't care about stationary as much as I do! I lend them one of my brand new Staedtler Ergosoft crayons and it comes back half the size after being sharpened like crazy.

I lent this one kid back in year 11 a metal ruler which I have had for years and he starts bending it against the table. So smacked him in his gut, he never did it again.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    stationary rules
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I spend a fortune..every...single...year. But one piece of advice that has been neglected for the OP.
    You're doing Spanish. Get yourself a FANTASTIC dictionary. You WILL need it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clasigirlcs)
    Stationary tends to bring out the obsessive compulsive side of people doesn't it? Just a question to everyone who's done AS...do you think it's alright to just take a leverarch in everyday and then divide them up at home into different different lever arches by subject every half term or something? I'm going to have to go into London everyday so I don't wanna carry too much so was wondering whether I'd get away with just one leverarch...
    depends on your subjects like in history i find that once it comes to practice exam question time it handy to have all my notes so i can reference back to articles i had at the beginning of the units. where as with science as long as you learn the contents you don't need your notes really apart from the few sheets with facts/figures/equations on such as bond angles and periodic tables.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    I spend a fortune..every...single...year. But one piece of advice that has been neglected for the OP.
    You're doing Spanish. Get yourself a FANTASTIC dictionary. You WILL need it.
    Any recomendations? :]

ReputationRep:
    lol im glad its not just me who loves stationary shopping - i dno what it is about it but you go in and theres all this stuff for organising things that you never knew you needed and I JUST MUST HAVE IT!!!

I'm probs getting the usual pens n shiz + a couple of revision / head start guides, depending on whats on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    depends on your subjects like in history i find that once it comes to practice exam question time it handy to have all my notes so i can reference back to articles i had at the beginning of the units. where as with science as long as you learn the contents you don't need your notes really apart from the few sheets with facts/figures/equations on such as bond angles and periodic tables.
    Brilliant! Thanks for that - I'm doig 2 science, 2 maths and economics so there shouldn't be too much in terms of notes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clasigirlcs)
    Brilliant! Thanks for that - I'm doig 2 science, 2 maths and economics so there shouldn't be too much in terms of notes.
    if you find their is stuff you need you can always produce sheets which just what you need on instead of the sheets upon sheets that you get explaining a topic when it first introduced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her-own-wings)
    Any recomendations? :]
    :ditto: but for French?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.