Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, could someone please explain this?
    I thought you just have to ring the unis yourself and ask and go for an interview etc but I rang and they said you need to apply through ucas
    so, what do you do about references etc do you use the ones from sixth form?

    thanks x
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Ideally you should get a reference from your current tutors/lecturers at uni - your performance at uni is more relevent to a uni application than your performance at school.
    • Thread Starter

    ok then, but what if you dont want your current university to know you are thinking about transfering?
    when I rang up the uni i could be transfered to they said go through ucas but you dont have to let your current uni know what youa re doing

University open days

  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.