Mya_scotland
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi So I'm in 4th year right now so I am doing my national 5's and I was wondering if I can do my highers from home instead of going into s5? Thanks you
scott.thomson239
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
probably not since you would still need to do all the assignments and nabs which you couldnt do at home
leoq8
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Would probably be really difficult for some subjects, you'd probably need to do it with a college due to assignments etc.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Going into S5 would be your best bet in that you won't need to pay for your courses and you will have the full support you need. Alternatively you could always enrol at a further education college to sit your Highers if you dislike the school environment and you should still be able to get your fees paid that way. But it's always better to do it with actual classes than to go it alone.

I'm self-teaching Higher Human Biology this year (I was unable to get into an evening class and I'm already doing a FT HNC course) and I have to pay to sit the internal assessments and the exam.
___Sophie___
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes you can self teach the subjects and then sit the unit assessments and final exam at a college. I'm doing this with 2 of my highers this year at a place called Wallace college in Edinburgh.
DonAchille
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ___Sophie___)
Yes you can self teach the subjects and then sit the unit assessments and final exam at a college. I'm doing this with 2 of my highers this year at a place called Wallace college in Edinburgh.
I'm also doing Advanced highers there. They can do all the NABs for you OP. Probably best to check for the arrangements for practicals if it's a science subject you want to take.
happyhighers
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hi how do this i am interested for my daughter to do higher , if the school does not allow her do it the subject
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (386)
67.13%
No (189)
32.87%

Watched Threads