When is it acceptable to start wearing Christmas themed clothing?

Watch
Poll: Christmas themed clothing? When?
Before December 1st! (100)
15.85%
Only in December! (531)
84.15%
Deyesy
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So a debate came up within the Support Team and it's a really important debate to be had: 'when is it acceptable to start wearing Christmas themed clothing?' :holmes:

I'm a grinch when it comes to Christmas in general - things shouldn't be in shops until after bonfire night and I personally don't think anything Christmas-y should be worn until December first After December hits I'm a massive, massive fan of Christmas themed t-shirts and jumpers - just it's not okay for them to be worn before it :unimpressed:

What are your thoughts? Is it okay to wear Christmas themed clothing in the middle of August or can it only be in December?
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Ehhh

I think you can get away with lowkey Christmas jumpers around the end of November, and I could understand putting up outdoor heavy duty Christmas decorations up then because they take a while and you might not have time later, but the real Christmassy stuff is reserved for December 1st onwards
Rum Ham
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I wore my Christmas reindeer themed hat in early November and started wearing my Christmas jumpers last week :yep:
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Deyesy)
So a debate came up within the Support Team and it's a really important debate to be had: 'when is it acceptable to start wearing Christmas themed clothing?' :holmes:

I'm a grinch when it comes to Christmas in general - things shouldn't be in shops until after bonfire night and I personally don't think anything Christmas-y should be worn until December first After December hits I'm a massive, massive fan of Christmas themed t-shirts and jumpers - just it's not okay for them to be worn before it :unimpressed:

What are your thoughts? Is it okay to wear Christmas themed clothing in the middle of August or can it only be in December?
It's okay when I say it is ok

Spoiler:
Show

After December 1st :yep:
Otherwise it loses its novelty n'est-ce-pas

Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Boxing Day, but only between 3am and 4am.
Mystery.
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
Whenever you want and it's cold
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I wore a Christmas jumper on Saturday for a children's Christmas party I helped at, but normally I wouldn't before December. I don't mind if people wear them in November too much e.g if they wear them in a shop, but any earlier is just nope

Posted from TSR Mobile
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Literally never.
Asolare
Report 5 years ago
Well Im not really fussed what others wear but I make it my own rule not to wear any until December.

But I don't have any Christmas themed clothing cause i dislike Xmas, so it's winter themed clothing.
Deyesy
Rep:
(Original post by Mystery.)
Whenever you want and it's cold
So if it's cold in August? :holmes:
Tiger Rag
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Betwen December 24th and 26th!
Mystery.
Report 5 years ago
So if it's cold in August? :holmes:
Then wear it in August.
If it's cold and the jumper is nice and furry then id wear it.

Do people not wear Christmas socks all year round?
Danny Dorito
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
This thread is getting me super excited for Christmas!
I've got my trusty one that I whip out on dec 1st

Deyesy
Rep:
(Original post by Spock's Socks)
I wore my Christmas reindeer themed hat in early November and started wearing my Christmas jumpers last week :yep:
But Christmas is in December and not November :puppyeyes:

(Original post by Mystery.)
Then wear it in August.
If it's cold and the jumper is nice and furry then id wear it.

Do people not wear Christmas socks all year round?
You'd wear a Christmas jumper in August if it was cold...I have no words

(Original post by Danny Dorito)
This thread is getting me super excited for Christmas!
I've got my trusty one that I whip out on dec 1st

3 days to go till it's acceptable
Mystery.
Report 5 years ago
But Christmas is in December and not November :puppyeyes:

You'd wear a Christmas jumper in August if it was cold...I have no words

3 days to go till it's acceptable
I mean I wouldn't wear it in public or wear a jacket over it or something.
renphobia
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
ehhh idk let people wear whatever - who really cares??

(personally i wear christmas jumpers on + after the day we puts our christmas decorations up - december 1st)
username2459871
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I have friends who start listening to Christmas music in October. I find it ridiculous. I usually wait to listen to xmas music until the end of november (ie when they start playing it in cafes) but I purposely do not touch my christmas jumpers until 1st December... Then I go all-out!
Chronoscope
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I've got a penguin jumper (they wear santa hats) which has lots of little penguins - I don't THINK it classes as a full on christmas jumper because apart from the penguins wearing hats they're just penguins - me and my friend were sort of arguing saying its a christmas jumper... (I live in jumpers when else am I going to wear my wardrobe?

wearing christmas clothing discreetly is ok though
Deyesy
Rep:
(Original post by Bezoar)
I have friends who start listening to Christmas music in October. I find it ridiculous. I usually wait to listen to xmas music until the end of november (ie when they start playing it in cafes) but I purposely do not touch my christmas jumpers until 1st December... Then I go all-out!
This just isn't okay in the slightest :fuhrer:
Devify
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I have a rule for no Christmas stuff until it's at least the 1st. only time I would accept otherwise if it was like specifically Christmas themed thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (68)
12.48%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.65%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
26.06%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.07%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (264)
48.44%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.3%

Watched Threads