reaction to hair removal cream - help urgently ! Watch

x_.lyd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Right so this is a little embarrassing but basically I had some hair above my lip and a bit of hair between my eyebrows. I thought if i shaved it, it would go stubbly. So what i did was i applied hair removal cream ,from Avon, in those areas. After i washed it off, it was quite sore. I looked in the mirror and where i had put the cream was all red.
Any ideas on how to cure it or evenjust to get the red-ness to tone down a little ?
habeas.corpus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Was the hair removal cream designed for the face or the body?

If it's very sore, possibly a chemical burn/ bad reaction. Best thing you can do is keep the area clean and apply something light and soothing (aloe vera). Avoid makeup until it heals most of the way.

In future, always do a small patch test close to the area of desired application. Also best method of hair removal on the face is by waxing.
x_.lyd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by habeas.corpus)
Was the hair removal cream designed for the face or the body?

If it's very sore, possibly a chemical burn/ bad reaction. Best thing you can do is keep the area clean and apply something light and soothing (aloe vera). Avoid makeup until it heals most of the way.

In future, always do a small patch close to the area of desired application.
It didn't exactly say. I have tried moisturising it and its not too sore now. I just hope the red-ness is gone by tomorrow morning :/ but thankyouu Xx
Miri22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Remove cream with cold cloth, Whip out the old Vaseline. It gets rid of all the symptoms straight up!!! Just in case use a 1% cream x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (302)
60.64%
Yes- I don't like it (24)
4.82%
No- I want it (135)
27.11%
No- I don't want it (37)
7.43%

Watched Threads