Turn on thread page Beta

Annon because he also uses this site.

so I have known this guy for about 2 years now, but after his first term at the same sixth form as me he left and moved about an hour away by train. We kept in contact and became quite close. I always meant to visit him but we always seemed to be busy, or skint or something came up.
    So just after our results I finally went up for the weekend and we spent the weekend cuddling in front of the sofa etc. Well one thing lead to another and we ended up having sex. Come Sunday night I realized that I really really do like him, but I couldn't stay at his any longer as I had commitments back home.
    This isn't just getting attached after sex, becuase I never do. I really like this guy, hes perfect. When I think about him I get this butterfly feeling at the bottom of my stomach.
    Heres where the problem lies though. In less than a month we are both going to university, about 4 hours away. I know people on here will have kept seeing someone who is further away, but this would be a brand new relationship and I think it would be difficult to make it work so far from each other.
    We feel the same about each other, but we just don't know what to do. sooooo advice and opinions would be appreciated. thanks xxx

ReputationRep:
    Give it a go, and see how you feel. If it doesn't work you can always break it off, but I can't see there being any harm in trying. 4 hours is a long way but you can always bring work to do on the train or something.

ReputationRep:
    I think its a bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sopheeb)
    Give it a go, and see how you feel. If it doesn't work you can always break it off, but I can't see there being any harm in trying. 4 hours is a long way but you can always bring work to do on the train or something.
    I'm scared of ruining our friendship though. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    And there goes the Anon...

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't say thread starter though, wasn't the OP

Sit down and talk to him, nobody can decide this but you guys. If you really like him then maybe it's worth trying it out and seeing if it works. If you don't wanna risk it then tell him you just wanna be friends. Sorry to state the obvious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimble)
    I'm scared of ruining our friendship though. :confused:
    I don't see how giving it a go can risk ruining your friendship any more than having sex with him, to be perfectly honest.

ReputationRep:
    I would give it a go.If you both feel the same then it shouldnt matter about the 4hours difference.

But then again,with going to uni you are going to meet a lot of new people,and you both might want to go out with new people,it might ruin your relationship,but Im not sure.

I think it would be different in an existing relationship but I cant really say in this situation.Id be struggling to.Whatever you feel is for the best is what you should do!

ReputationRep:
    Give it a go, as long as you're sure he feels the same way!

I met my boyfriend on the web in November 2004. It kind of came out the following month that we both had feelings for one another and we met for real in February 2005. We've been together ever since, and that's with me being in England and him being in France. So we too started out our relationship apart, and we've managed fine so far...proving there certainly can be a good relationship there if you're both prepared to work for it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.