Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can any of you who lived on campus tell me anything about Farthings court in Parkwood? It should be standard non-ensuite. How far from lecture buildings is it what kind of housesis it etc. I haven't been to open days so I don't know what Parkwood is like.
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    10-15mins walk to main Campus, 5mins to the gym/bioscience/electronics, less than 5min to parkwood shop and bar
    Never spent much time in a Farthings house so I can't tell you about the setup I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    What house did you get Selfaddict? I have been given a Farthings house too, so we must be nieghbours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lynz S)
    What house did you get Selfaddict? I have been given a Farthings house too, so we must be nieghbours!
    09/A. How about you?
    So farthings is one house with number of flats and some 5 rooms in each flat, right? how about the kitchens? I'm totally confused about it Help me out people.

ReputationRep:
    I'm number 11, so two doors away

Parkwood is separated into Courts, then within each court houses, then within each house rooms. So we are Farthings court, which on a map is like the bottom right of Parkwood (not too far to walk to campus yay!) and then you live in number 9 I in number 11, obviously! Then your letter is your room. I am hoping I have an upstairs room, I think D is upstairs from when I viewed another house but it was ages ago so not too sure!

I think this is right anyway from what I remember but I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong

ReputationRep:
    I heard the number is the flat number, and the letter is your room. So Linz would be in flat 11 room A, and Self in flat 9 room A, so different buildings. I could also be wrong thoguh...

ReputationRep:
    Well 4 weekends til we find out woo!

ReputationRep:
    Different buildings. A-C will be downstairs and D,E,F will be upstairs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by efctom20)
    I heard the number is the flat number, and the letter is your room. So Linz would be in flat 11 room A, and Self in flat 9 room A, so different buildings. I could also be wrong thoguh...
    I think that's for en-suits cause I heard Farthings is houses with 5 standard rooms in it. 2 on ground floor and 3 on the first floor. If its superior than 3 rooms on a ground floor and 3 on the first one. Of course i could be wrong as well
    Anyway I'll be living on the ground floor as I'm in A...Not yey

ReputationRep:
    07/E Farthings Court Parkwood

Yus, another farthings court. I take it i'll probs be upstairs then? Well either way i got what i wanted, so im happy.

ReputationRep:
    17/C Farthings court...

I really hope im upstairs, it seems nice though

ReputationRep:
    C should be upstairs

ReputationRep:
    are the non-ensuite houses in parkwood, set up like a proper houses, as in a proper kitchen, garden and a living room?

ReputationRep:
    No living room, just a kitchen, bathrooms and a load of bedrooms! And we don't have our own gardens just like a big green bit in the middle of the houses where there were lots of ducks when I went for open day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lynz S)
    No living room, just a kitchen, bathrooms and a load of bedrooms! And we don't have our own gardens just like a big green bit in the middle of the houses where there were lots of ducks when I went for open day!
    ducks you say... well i know what i'll have for dinner if i'm out of money
    lol just joking :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Remind me not to accept any offers for dinner round your place...

I am wondering if I can get a hamster into my room and keep it without anyone finding out?!

ReputationRep:
    Not if you tell anyone
    No seriously I think you can if its ok with your house mates. Not according the rules of course.

ReputationRep:
    NO PETS ALLOWED!!! I asked on my open day and we're not eve allowed fish
    There was a rumour going around that two chinese students cooked a Keynes duck (there is a pond there) and got kicked out...
    There is a kitchen but not really a front/back garden unless you count the communal grass areas...no living room either in any Kent accommodation I'm afraid but in the Houses there is a kitchen table for eats.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't serious about cooking the duck!!!

ReputationRep:
    That's what they all say...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.