Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey, has any one had an operation before becuase i have to have one in the next few weeks and i am really scared!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzieb)
    hey, has any one had an operation before becuase i have to have one in the next few weeks and i am really scared!
    i had to remove a lump from my foot, and i was awake while they did it! I could feel them like fiddling around...and then the doctor took out the lump, put in a jar and showed it to me! IT WAS GROSS...hehehe

ReputationRep:
    ive had one on my leg , well not really an operation .. i had a pretty bad 3rd degree burn on my calf musle so they had to remove some debris from it ( a hot motorcycle engine landed on it , dont ask how )

its not really tht bad , they put u under anasthesia most of the time and u wont feel a thing . for me it was mostly walking afterwards coz the skin was rebuilding and it bcame really stiff and tight . Nothing painkillers cant fix

what are u having operated on ?

ReputationRep:
    If there is one thing I am frightened of it is operations. I've never had one and don't intend to have one. Hope everything goes well anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The worst bit is actually waiting to get it done, once your in you cant wait till its over!

ReputationRep:
    uh well i am having key hole surgery and i am not looking forward to it. i don't wanna say where it's not really gross or nething i just don't like thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    ask em to put u under complete anasthesia ... u wont be awake to be afraid ... ... for me it was just the leg they made numb ... it was gross seing how they wore removing the pieces of metal ... yuck ... i still hate thinking about it

ReputationRep:
    Well is hard for anything to go all that wrong with keyhole surgery and just remember you are in good hands.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i am having the injection that send you to sleep though it and then i have to stay over at least one night! so annoying, they have to try and 'fit' me in b4 i got to university

ReputationRep:
    uh well i am having key hole surgery and i am not looking forward to it. i don't wanna say where it's not really gross or nething i just don't like thinking about it.
    I had keyhole surgery last year and was kinda scared esp. since I am terrified of needles, but it was all fine, they put cream on and I couldn't feel the needle... didn't even realise it had gone in, next thing I knew I was awake and it was all over.

ReputationRep:
    i hate injections too but i guess you fall of to sleep straight away so hopefully i won't feel nething! thankyou all for your help i feel better about it

ReputationRep:
    i hate injections too but i guess you fall of to sleep straight away so hopefully i won't feel nething! thankyou all for your help i feel better about it
    id do n e thing to get my hand on those injections ... they seem so cool

ReputationRep:
    if you tell them when you check in or put it on your forms or whatever, they will put the cream on (takes an hour or so to work) and then you definitely won't feel it! Or buy it and take it with you, it's called EMLA.

ReputationRep:
    thankyou i will do that i don't want any pain!

ReputationRep:
    I posted this in another thread, but it's still relevant-

"I'm going to have an operation this December sometime, on my back. According to the consultant blokey, there's a 2% chance I might have "neurological complications" (i.e, leg paralysis). It will be 2 weeks before I'm allowed to go back home, and then 6-8 weeks before I regain some vague "normal" motion. It will be 3 months before I'm allowed back onto a tennis court (I play quite a lot of tennis at the moment), and 9 months before I have enough movement and rotation to be able to hit the ball like I can now. I will have to undergo two operations- one to remove some of the disks from my spine so it is completely loose, then I will have to lie flat on my back for a week, and then the second operation on my spine. I will have to wear a plaster thing round my stomach for a few weeks after the op to keep it stable. I would perhaps not have needed the operation to straighten my spine if I hadn't played so much tennis!"

ReputationRep:
    luckily my operation isn't that serious! i hope not anyway

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.