The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Segat1
Meh, the grass is always greener. I moved here from Australia. The UK is brill.

Thank you.

OP, if I ever leave it'd probably be to northern Europe, and maybe retire somewhere in Africa. I'd like to work for an international organisation in future, so I doubt I'll stay in one place. But for now I'm staying put right here.
Reply 21
I think I'll stay here if I have a lot of cash.

Britain is not a good place to be skint in.
Id quite like to leave the UK, but only if the situation arose.. Id most likely go somewhere like Switzeralnd.
Reply 23
Libertin du Nord
I think I'll stay here if I have a lot of cash.

Britain is not a good place to be skint in.

That's depressingly true.
Reply 24
I'm thinking of doing the opposite in the (near) future. (That is moving to the UK).
Reply 25
Sundous
I'm thinking of doing the opposite in the (near) future. (That is moving to the UK).

Going to move to the UK from the US?
Reply 26
I don't yet see myself permanently moving out of the UK, but I definitely want to travel and I'd like to settle in a place that takes my fancy for a few months at the least, properly experience a different culture etc. I do get quite restless so I'm going to explore as much as I can before I settle down!
If Britain becomes anymore of a 'nanny state' ill probably be forced to.
Sad poll results, I thought people thought it was a great country.
Reply 29
It's a great country compared to most others, but I doubt it's the best for me. At least not at the moment - I need to get out, stop reading pessimistic newspapers and see more of the world for comparison.
Reply 30
naivesincerity

Can still be a great country (or good, at least...), but there are better...and there are worse. I don't see no one wanting to move to South America or Africa!
Reply 31
Tzara
Can still be a great country (or good, at least...), but there are better...and there are worse. I don't see no one wanting to move to South America or Africa!

Gilliwoo
OP, if I ever leave it'd probably be to northern Europe, and maybe retire somewhere in Africa.

A plantation in Kenya or a vineyard in the Southern Cape. Now that's gracious living.
I intend to immigrate to the UK permanently. Though I may live in other countries for short periods.
Reply 33
naivesincerity

I don't mind a lot the country at all, but on the whole the people are rather unpleasant and there are plenty of ****ty parts that just look depressing in the winter.
Reply 34
I would love to move abroad after my degree, perhaps to Mumbai or Hyderabad but would also like to have a home in England as this is my true home.
Reply 35
I would quite like to leave the country, but I will be sad to leave the people I know and love behind. My likely destination would be Canada or Sweden (if I ever learn the language - which I intend on doing one day).
funny poll results, i mean the uk must be doing something right given the amount of people that come here from other countrys.....
Reply 37
Yes but we are not Polish builders, we are the natives.
Reply 38
andy_1989
Yes but we are not Polish builders, we are the natives.

Not keen on that word to be honest.
Reply 39
Time Tourist
funny poll results, i mean the uk must be doing something right given the amount of people that come here from other countrys.....

Well the UK has a strong economy, and a lot of people will be glad to live in a society that can give them in a year, what they may never have had in a lifetime elsewhere. But when you're born into this country, I think people come to expect more in terms of quality of life. I have to say it, the UK offers a poor quality of life in terms of things such as leisure, work-life balance, cost of living, space for habitation and recreation, a (perceived?) decline in "traditional" values, and, for some people, the weather. But I agree that life here is a lot better than many people care to realise.

Latest

Trending

Trending